Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my white sri 136 diesel at the begining of feb for delivery end of march. Does the 2016.5 changes affect the car dramatically and how noticeable are they?

Cheers

·
Registered
360 Posts
See this thread.

I think it's difficult to judge the difference without driving or even owning both My2016 and MY2016.5 models. The rear suspension Watts linkage has been removed on all but the top spec engines (1.6i etc) and it seems some soundproofing has been removed too.

The general consensus seems to be it was a cost saving exercise that has made a small but perhaps not insignificant difference.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I test drove a MY 2016 and my SRi is a MY 2016.5. Can't say I've noticed any difference really as the 1.4T is so quiet anyway and the ride/handling is still superb.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've also drive both and would be hard-pressed to notice a difference in either handling or noise. Maybe at 10/10 sideways round a corner in Road-Tester-Land it would be more obvious.

·
Registered
49 Posts
In handling is not really much difference. Most obvious will be on highway and on bad roads. Watts link adds 3rd point so it stabilizes the rear axle, so it can use softer bushings. And that means less noise and vibrations from irregularities on the road.

·
Registered
63 Posts
As I understand it I have a my16.5 , I've with no watts link , I often use back roads for work , but noticed even though the steering is smooth the handling is terrible , so I am dropping tyre pressure to around 35 from 42-43 , will let you know

·
Registered
768 Posts
42-43 is WAY too high!

Mine was still set at ECO/transportation pressure when I got it. I've now dropped the pressures to 32 psi all round as the handbook states and the ride, handling and steering are much, much better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.