Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I haven't even collected my Astra K yet and I've already downloaded the app for it. I can access the car manual within the app but not much else (and not much point without the car really!).
The manual is great and the hyper links work well.

If you have the car already as well as the app, I'd like you know what features you like and dislike.

Discuss...

·
Registered
360 Posts
It seems well designed and even supports multiple vehicles.

In practice, I doubt I'll use it much. Remote locking/unlocking works well enough but I'd prefer to be near to the car when locking/unlocking in which case it's easier to use the key. I suppose I might occasionally use it to ensure it's locked if I don't remember locking the car but note it doesn't report current locked/unlocked status.

Tyre pressure, fuel level and range are all useful but readily available from the dashboard. Might be useful for checking fuel levels before a journey, I suppose

Locating your Astra is invaluable if it's stolen but otherwise I'd normally know where it was.

I don't want to knock the App - it works really well, but I'm not sure it's actually fulfilling much of a need, for me at least.

Being able to lock/unlock using Siri from an Apple Watch would be nice.

·
Registered
331 Posts
UKtekkie said:
Locating your Astra is invaluable if it's stolen but otherwise I'd normally know where it was.
Or, in my case, I think it could be really handy finding my car in the staff car park when I can't remember where I have parked it because I am on an early shift. :lol:

I am looking forward to being able to lock the car remotely - I am paranoid about forgetting to lock it!

The rest of the info is kinda a "nice to have". I like the idea of having info about my car at my finger tips, but I am not sure how useful it will be.... I think it will be more of the cool factor to have an app for my car. LOL

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess the lock function is good if you just want to double check before you go to bed.

So I assume it links to the SIM card in the car which then accesses the onboard computer for the tyres/fuel/lock status etc?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Useful for making sure it's locked as I too am paranoid about whether I locked it or not.
Been able to upload directions to the sat nav I can see as been useful to.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have used the app to download routes to sat nav so that when you get into the car the route is ready to go.

Like others, I have used the lock feature to double check that I had locked the car when I couldn't remember.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Apologies for dragging up an old thread!

How do you set routes to your nav from the app? And how can you lock the car remotely? The options I can see are:

Parked location
Manual
Dealer
Service
Updates
Accident Report
Contact On Star

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Max-Robbo said:
Apologies for dragging up an old thread!

How do you set routes to your nav from the app? And how can you lock the car remotely? The options I can see are:

Parked location
Manual
Dealer
Service
Updates
Accident Report
Contact On Star

Any help is appreciated!
Sounds like you dont have onstar setup/linked to your app. I've not registered Onstar yet and thats all I have on the app, but when you register you get more options.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
When your onstar runs out the best things disappear on the app, like unlocking the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There is a myvauxhall website, and an apple app for iPhone or iPad. Seems to me there is a lot more in the website than in the app.
Finding the vehicle when you can't remember where you parked might come in handy!
You can sound the horn by clicking a button , just can't think of a god use for that feature yet.

Mine says that I need to visit a dealer to validate it, then all the functions will be unlocked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.