Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic says it's not a Vauxhall, but an Opel! Dynamic is the top range model in Sweden which is like a mix of SRi and Elite. I did post some initial photos here, but now it's time for some new ones!

Day of delivery:

The weather was lovely that thay, so I started with a 150 mile trip around the Swedish west coast

Also, here is the reason I had do wait for MY 16.5, the 40:20:40 rear seat!

But even though the car is great, some modifications will be required ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So first up, mudflaps!
I did first order the genuine mudflaps, but I thought they were to big (especially looking at the cars profile) so I ordered more generic rally mudflaps:

And suddenly I saw the letters on the back of the car jumping around ;)

And suddenly the car was partly de-badged, I kept the black Turbo-lettering so far.

Now you can also spot my Speedster/VX220 at the last picture :)

But isn't the car a bit high?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So then I had to order these!

Eibach 30mm lowering!
I always preffer Eibach before H&R, mainly for comfort reasons. Eibach and Irmscher are the same, and Irmscher/Eibach ride quality is a lot better than H&R in my opinion.

So, back end first!

Then the fronts

Easy to do work on a car that only covered 600 miles :D

So, how big was the difference?
First, at the rear before/after:

Then the front, before/aster

So, moment of truth!

A lot better! A bit like the Alfa Romeo Gulietta when looking at the car from the rear now.

Also, while I still had the VX220 out of the garage I did some paintwork protection with proper 2k Nano paint seal, result was hard to catch on camera!

Couldn't look at the car without sunglasses... speaking of that, where are they?!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Speaking of sunglasses, found the great How2 about fitting sunglass holder here at the forum, so I ordered the holder right away and went to it!

The place to be!
Also, with this spec of car you do get black headliner.

The new sunglass holder :)

In black!

I removed the passenger side handle (my car is LHD) to be able to measure

Then it's just to cut... what could possibly go wrong ;)

Then it was only to attach the sunglass holder with the attached screws, perfect!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what is the spec of the car then?

Opel Astra 1.4T/150 Dynamic is what the spec is called in Sweden, that has a mix of the options from SRI/Elite and more, such as for example:
-IntelliLux LED (yes, standard in highest spec version)
-2 zone ACC
-Rain Sensor
-PDC front/Rear
-Sports button
-Lane assist
-Pre-crash assistant/braking

Then I found the options list and ticked:
-18" bi-color wheels
-IntelliLink 900 Nav
-Leather interior
-AGR drivers seat incl electric adjustment, memory, massage, ventilation and heated rear seats (Winter pack 1 and 2)
-Parking pack with reversing camera, folding mirrors, blind-spot warning
-Tinted windows
-Flex adapter with phone holder
-Velour floor mats
-Rear seat package, armrest in the back seat, back seat folding 40:20:40

·
Registered
200 Posts
Great looking car! Planning to do the same sunglasses holder mod, as soon as I'll get mine.

How is the ride with Eibachs? Do you find it comfortable?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is it difficult to install the sunglass holders?
Are they large enough to fit in any type of sunglasses?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
otj said:
Great looking car! Planning to do the same sunglasses holder mod, as soon as I'll get mine.

How is the ride with Eibachs? Do you find it comfortable?
Thanks!
The sunglass-mod is really good, the car doesn't have any other great storage place for them.

I find the Eibachs really good, to be honest the ride quality is almost as good as stock, I'd say 99% as good as stock. That could not be said about my previous Astra J on Eibachs (even though it was good aswell), I think the lighter weight of the K helps alot. The springs does not have to be unnecessary hard.

andy666 said:
Is it difficult to install the sunglass holders?
Are they large enough to fit in any type of sunglasses?
It's really easy, only thing worth mentioning is that, on my car at least, the holes weren't threaded. So either you take a tap and thread them or you use one of the new bolts. The metal in the brackets were really soft so easy to thread with a bolt without damaging it.
The mod does not take more than 30 minutes if you are really careful when cutting.

I'd say that the holder will fit most models, maybe not the largest ones on the market but most of them. If they are a bit too big you can still use the holder as it's spring loaded and will try to stay closed either way :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Figgz,

What are your thoughts on the ARG seats? I've added them onto my Astra due July 7th. £545 so they best be good?

Mainly the massage bit and venterlation bit.

Thanks, Jake

·
Registered
573 Posts
Great car :) love the lowered look!

As per seats, ventilation is great and intense, while massage is utter waste of money. But u get memory seats for that, so its not a total loss ;) but only worth ordering for the memory seats, not the massage function which is non existant :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kingairpilot16 said:
What are your thoughts on the ARG seats? I've added them onto my Astra due July 7th. £545 so they best be good?

Mainly the massage bit and venterlation bit.
As Kristis says, the ventilation is great! I've tried it some hot days and using the ventilation in full blast, well then you need to have fever :D It works perfect, and quiet aswell. Love it!
The massage is very similar to the one in VW Golf VII if you've tried it, more of a "flexible lumbar support" than a proper massage, but to be honest I had massage seat in my previous Golf MK7 but haven't tried for example the Mercedes massage seats, so I can only compare with other similar range models and then it's equally good/bad ;)
However, the electrical powered seats with memory function (both on buttons on the seat but also key specific memory and auto adjustment) is really great! With this seat you also get adjustable back width.

I think you did a good choice of the AGR seats, mainly for the memory and ventilation, those are the things I use.

Kristis said:
Great car :) love the lowered look!
Thanks Kristis!
Same here, the lowered look is great! It doesn't shout out "modified car", it more looks like the stock height of for example an Audi S-line, and that suits me perfect!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts