Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up my car on Monday night and finally got the chance to take it for a decent drive yesterday. Its a far superior car to the last model, well I think so anyway.

As I said on another post I do think there are some things that were better on the last model such as the cup holders and the storage in the centre console instead of the new phone holder which is useless to me as my phone is too big and also to use android auto you need to plug in your phone to the usb which is in the armrest.

I was supposed to pick up the car on the Friday but due to a problem I wasn't able to pick it up until the Monday. on the bright side though they gave me an insignia elite for the weekend which was pretty nice and was very well spec'd

Got a chance to give the car its first wash today and intended to take some pictures of it after its wash but I forgot. Enough talking I'll post some pictures that I do have.

The old J

The temporary Insignia

The k's first wash

Took the rear badges off
before

after

changed the headlight bulbs
before

after

I'll take some full pictures of the car on the next day that I get the chance. Not that it will be anything that everyone on here hasn't been seen before as I seem to be part of the Power Red Astra K Army (ill call that PRAKA for short seen as the armed forces all seem to love an acronym :lol: )

I realise that the de-badging wont be to everyone's taste but I think it makes the rear end look cleaner.

Anyway, thanks for reading and feel free to comment. I'll try to update the post from time to time if I make any changes or take any nice photographs.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Red Comrade,

Thanks for the photos. Was it easy removing the badges without damaging the paintwork? Any tips?

Does the driver's wing mirror have a split view to cover the blind spot? I've always had that on my Vauxhalls and really appreciate it. We once got a wing mirror replaced and lost the split view but missed it so much that we asked our local dealer to help and he managed to track down and fit a split view mirror.

I know the Parking Pack has Side Blind Spot Alert with an LED to warn of vehicles but it seems a bit gimmicky when a simple split view mirror works really well.

- PRAKA Red Army recruit

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@UKtekkie

Unfortunately there there is no split view on the wing mirror glass. I'm not sure if this could possibly be upgraded with replacement glass and if so if this would effect the fact that they are heated.

Removing the badges is really easy. All u need to do is heat the glue up slightly with a hair dryer, (some ppl say u need a heat gun but I think this can be a bit excessive) then I stretch a piece of dental floss with both hands and drag it behind the badge (similar to how you would cut cheese with cheese wire) once the badges are off I just clean off any remaining glue then give the panel a quick wipe down and polish.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So it turns out I was wrong after all with regards to the driver's mirror. Tbf I've only had the chance to drive the car twice in daylight and the line is so thin it's almost impossible to see in the dark unless u really look for it.

@1900sr - Yeah the debadged look isn't always to everyone's taste, but I like it.
Plus when ur cleaning and or polishing the car u don't end up with bits of your washmit stuck under the badges or bits of Polish in between the letters.

I don't really like badges or stickers at all and try to get rid where possible for a cleaner look. I wouldn't lose the vauxhall badge in the the rear though as I think that would be taking the look too far.
Next on the list is to get rid of the dealers name from the rear window, registration plates etc. They're not paying me to advertise for them so why should I :lol:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Sandy85 said:
Next on the list is to get rid of the dealers name from the rear window, registration plates etc. They're not paying me to advertise for them so why should I :lol:
I used to think like that, but as I've got older and been able to afford "classic" cars, I like the idea of having original dealer plates, stickers etc.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi I ordered some led ones wi slight tint of bluebottle when came they were too bright of blue and wouldn't fit thru hole in the headlight casing :-(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've bought led sidelights and number plate lights etc but never headlights, I always stuck with standard glass headlight bulbs but with a blue tint to the glass for a whiter light.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts