Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few pics of my new SRI in Asteroid Grey, 1.4 Turbo 150ps. Extras: 18" bi-colour twister alloys, rear side and rear window privacy glass, parking sensors and space saver wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
That looks nice, the colour suits it. I would have liked a spare wheel, where does it sit in the car. One dealer told me it just sits in the boot, but I thought it went under a false boot floor?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct, sits under a false floor which reduces capacity slightly however makes it far easier to lift heavier items in and out and also allows flat loading with the seats folded so removes the issue with the curved floor and lip to rear seats that a lot of reviews have raised.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Thanks for confirming that, it's nice to know how well some dealers know their product! Still, no complaints about the one I bought it from, Taylors of Spalding.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm quite lucky as mine are provided directly by Vauxhall fleet management so i change to a new Vauxhall approx every six months. Very impressed with this generation Astra and the quietness of the new generation engines which having just returned an insignia i was expecting to be disappointed. Also like the OnStar system.
I Like it in the red you have as it looks stunning in the sunshine and really stands out, also that C pillar looks far more prominent.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Obviously I like the Power Red, and the fact it was a no-cost colour made it my first choice. The other colours I considered were the Asteroid Grey and Carbon Flash.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No as not worth the additional cost for a frankly poor quality navigation system compared to my mobile device and with the built in wifi and android auto it's seamless. Haven't got the powerflex bar either.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
w001h34d said:
No as not worth the additional cost for a frankly poor quality navigation system compared to my mobile device and with the built in wifi and android auto it's seamless. Haven't got the powerflex bar either.
I hadn't thought of that, I've got a Tomtom Start with lifetime updates, but it still needs to be mounted. Using the mobile makes more sense. What nav app do you use?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Personally i use copilot with activetraffic but google maps displays very well on the intellilink display as if it were built in if your after a simple, free solution. My Mrs has an iPhone but I've yet to test the apple carplay on it.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Thanks, the only problem I can see with this is that I tend to use my iPod in the car, and to use Android Auto the phone needs to be connected to the USB instead. Strangely my stereo has two USB inputs showing on the sources screen, but there is only one in the car as far as I know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1900sr said:
Thanks, the only problem I can see with this is that I tend to use my iPod in the car, and to use Android Auto the phone needs to be connected to the USB instead. Strangely my stereo has two USB inputs showing on the sources screen, but there is only one in the car as far as I know.
This is because the elite comes with additional usb inputs in the rear I believe.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What size ipod are you using as I been told anything over 32gb won't function properly and I gone and bought a 128gb usb stick ages ago for car

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
w001h34d said:
1900sr said:
This is because the elite comes with additional usb inputs in the rear I believe.
The USB's in the back of the Elite are only charging points though. Looking in the instructions it says you can connect a maximum of two USB devices. I think the answer is to use a hub. I tried one yesterday and it seems to work, although after about 15 minutes mine stopped working. I suspect that's possibly a faulty hub though so I'll try a different one.

Iharold said:
What size ipod are you using as I been told anything over 32gb won't function properly and I gone and bought a 128gb usb stick ages ago for car
I'm using an old 16gb, so no problems there. The instructions don't mention a maximum size of memory stick in gb, but do say a maximum number of 2500 music files, 2500 picture files, 250 movie files, 2500 folders and 10 stages of folder structure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cornishtaz said:
Very nice mate can't wait to get mine in the new year. I've gone for a red SRi Nav 1.6 CDTi with 18's bi colour alloys, winter pack parking pack epb dual zone and intellux headlights
Sounds like some good all round kit speced, I think the intellilux is a bit gimmicky and expensive but certainly look the part. The epb is brilliant loved the insignia for that. I can't wait to be able order a replacement when they start shipping with a vxr styling pack or vx-line version.

·
Registered
495 Posts
If you have the standard headlights not the new led ones what the brightness like as on my current gtc they were shocking and worst thing is on the gtc no other company Makes bulbs for it as the bulb number is 9012 not the normal h7

I'm hoping at least the new Astra is h7

Any help would be great

1 - 20 of 30 Posts