Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nice and shiny! And a lovely colour to (although I might be biased in that regard).

How about some more pictures?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joe blogg wen I got the car in November it was called that.so your attitude towards my post stinks if you cnt accept ive got this car and am not lieing why post a reply.

·
Registered
331 Posts
jinky70 said:
Joe blogg wen I got the car in November it was called that.so your attitude towards my post stinks if you cnt accept ive got this car and am not lieing why post a reply.
I am not sure why you felt the need to reply like that - he was just making a simple statement. Making a statement that you've not heard of something doesn't mean that your attitude stinks.

For the record, I've not heard of it either. Before you get upset, that doesn't mean that I disbelieve you, simply that this is the first time I have heard of it. We are all here to share our knowledge and enjoyment of our cars, let's not turn it into a place where people are jumping down each other's throats please.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Jinky, I don't think anyone is having a go at you or your car. Vauxhall don't mention any special editions on their website, so any that are out there are new to us. Likewise the 125bhp engine isn't available on SRi or Elite specs. I think there are only two owners of Energy spec cars on here so most of us haven't come across the 125bhp car. Your car looks fantastic, in the best colour.

With regards to the special edition my local dealer (Thurlow Nunn) did advertise an Energy as a special edition, not sure why though. I think someone on here said that internally Vauxhall were referring to some models as special editions even though they were normal range specs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Go on to astra Web site press on to the energy model go down to mod and choose engine mines the 1.4I turbo manual 6speed.on my docs for car it says special edition but for some reason not on Web site for this.i do apologise but to me it came across he was not believing me.so to Joe soz.ps love my car except for fuel filling up error.

·
Registered
331 Posts
MarcR said:
That's interesting, didn't know they had a 125ps engine. Had a quick look on VX configurator and can see that not all engines are available with all trims!
I didn't either, but it seems to be available on the following trims:

Design
Tech Line
Energy

·
Registered
92 Posts
jinky70 said:
Apologies if you didnt like my reply to your post. I mearly said i havent heard of any special edition Astra MK7's. I was hoping for you to explain what makes your car a special edition as i was very much interested. Never once did i think you were lying. So if you havent fallen out with me can you explain what comes with a special edition Astra?

Many Thanks! :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks 1900sr!

Definitely was not disputing what the car was. When I chose my car, as I went for the Sri Nav spec the 125ps option was not even mentioned as it is not available. Your post was the first I had heard of that engine power output.

Will be interesting to hear your views on how the car performs compared to what the 105 & 150ps guys are saying about their cars. It's always good to get someone on that has a different variant of the car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My test drive was the 1.0 turbo was lovley to drive so liked it and got my car 2 weeks later loved it as I was one of the first to have one still to the day the surprises me.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
jinky70 said:
Go on to astra Web site press on to the energy model go down to mod and choose engine mines the 1.4I turbo manual 6speed.on my docs for car it says special edition but for some reason not on Web site for this.i do apologise but to me it came across he was not believing me.so to Joe soz.ps love my car except for fuel filling up error.
You've probably seen that there is a software fix available for the fuel gauge error, as long as your car is a British built one. My car is booked in to have this done on the 5th April. If you've not already done so I'd get in touch with your dealer and get yours booked in.

Edit, just remembered you've got yours booked in for Thursday, let us know how you get on. Hopefully they'll do the update for you.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Did you get any optional extras?

If you update your profile to show the car details in the signature that is good. As when someone who is this king of buying comes along, they know who to ask about what trim, colour or engine etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got winter pack.ie heated seats mirrors and steering wheel got to admit the heated seats are brilliant especially in cold frosty mornings..

·
Registered
411 Posts
Wish I hadn't asked now...

Yes, VX do (or did) call the Energy trim level a Special Edition, even though it is, in effect, a standard production run spec.
Same with Corsa Energy.
Or the Limited Edition. Which isn't.
Or this Purple Mokka. Which is.

Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

Occasionally, dealer groups will promote their own 'Special Edition' of a particular car so that's what i thought your car may have been.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts