Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

Around 1993 after being at the RAC rally in Glengap (not far from this photo) Had a lot of Astras in the 90's. Used to drive 60000m year. They were knackered after 2 years up and down farm roads. as a 20 somethin year old, rally mad drove like a nutter everywhere.
Base Merit diesel 1.9 non turbo models. Think I had 4 in 6 years. Followed by a merit estate N reg.

waiting on a new Astra Elite 1.4t now. Dont drive like a nutter now.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plant Car Vehicle Plant community Tire

IIRC this was Carlos Sainz in Glengap. The week before his Celica recce car was lying in the pub car park crumpled having been crashed and rolled in Glentrool on the recce.

Carlos Sainz and Juha Kankinnen were staying the night in the pub we drank in in Castle Douglas. Carlos was my hero in those days!

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
When are you getting your new car?

It may be nice (if you get a chance and have any more pics) to do side by side photos of the old Astra and the newer one - I always find it fascinating seeing how cars have improved over the years.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its an old photo that dirty astra went years ago (1993 ish). I think it would have been defleeted at about 2.5yrs or 160000m of hard work traveling around farms . Worked for the Scottish Milk Marketing Board at the time cars were from Lex Leasing.

no chance of a side by side picture.
I've had a lot of cars since then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts