Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered my Astra 12th April, delivery date is in August - Sept. The dealer said that it might be a model my2017, but since the contract has been made for 2016.5 I think I must get all the stuff that are on the contract and for the same price which is on the contract. It is believed that prices for the my2017 will be changed (matrix will be more expensive and 17inch alloys), but I think that mustn't effect my order and the contract. Any info on that? And on the changes my2017 model brings?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Dates for the start of production for MY2017 have just been announced, but no details yet on any changes.

New Astra Hatch - 2017MY Order Banks Open - 17/06/2016
New Astra Sports Tourer - 2017MY Order Banks Open - 24/06/2016

In theory, MY17 production will start after the annual vacation, so that would mean WK33 (WK34 for ST)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Any orders that cannot be built within the deadline for the end of MY2016 production will be automatically changed to MY2017, thus preserving your car's place in the build queue, but these will NOT be price protected by VX, and it would be up to your dealer to decide if any increase/decrease would be passed on. So if a MY17 car costs £500 more (unlikely), that's what you'll be asked to pay, subject to you talking to your dealer.
If your car cannot be built by the deadline, you would thus get your car with any 2017 changes, regardless of when you placed your order.

The last week of production for MY16 is week 29 - W/C 18/07 so your car will be there and thereabouts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered a top specced Sports Tourer with delivery in July a couple of weeks ago. My dealer convinced me that MY17 would deliver late autumn(oct/nov). If the MY17 is coming out a couple of weeks after I take delivery, it would be a bummer.. Norway wont get OnStar before MY17 and I was also interested in ACC.. What to do?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Onstar could be installed as there are only buttons missing and you would need to activate it with tech2. ACC is another story and will come with a new hardware, so no possible upgrade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Google translated from polish forum:

Changes in the standard equipment
Elite - change the standard wheels with 17 "alu (SBO) on 16" alu (RT0) - without changing the price;
Dynamic - version of the price increase of 500 zł;
Removing the logo of the engine bonnet;
Removal from the standard folding second key (key change to rigid);
The second key folding available as a free option (KTF) - 100 zł;
The third key folding available as a free option (ECB) - 100 zł;

colors bodies
Gray "Cosmic" (GR5) replaces gray "Asteroid" (GWH) - 2 200 zł;
Black "Mineral" (GB9) will replace Black "Carbon Flash" (GAR) - 2 200 zł;
Red "Absolute" (GG7) will replace the red "Power" (GBH) - 2 200 zł;

Rims
New rims 18 "alu (5PB) available for Dynamic version (2 000 zł) and Elite (3 000 zł);
New rims 17 "alu (RSE) in black color - available for the Dynamic version (400 zł) and Elite (1 400 zł);

Other changes
Dynamic version - the composition of the options ATH and TC2 was removed electric
parking brake (J71) without changing prices;
SR1 regulatory package available as an option for the Elite version - 1 600 zł;
Color display board computer (over the handlebars) (UDD) only available for orders Navi 900 (Io6) versions Dynamic and Elite; for the Essentia and Enjoy, Navi 900 receives a lower display (UDC);
Navi 900 is also available for MTA gearbox, but only display the UDC, regardless of the version;
The offer will be removed Aux-In. Code USB AUX-In (USR) changes to the same USB (MCY);
Antenna "shark fin" (component Io6) ordered in conjunction with OnStar (UE1) will be in the body color; Option Io6 more expensive by 100 zł (100 zł 3);
Buttons handles in cars with the system "Open & Start" (ATH) change from black to chrome:
Enjoy - for upholstery TAQGZ door linings are changed from black to beige (colored upholstery);
Black headlining (BCX), available as a free option for Elite version (not available with sunroof CF5) - price 800 zł;
The inner side of the tailgate - always in black, regardless of the upholstery and headlining;
Introduction packages Assistant Driver 2 (ZQ3) with active cruise control function deceleration emergency - 3 200 more than the price ZQ2 (selected engines) - (date of commencement of production is delayed and has not yet determined);
A package of OPC (WDH) - the price of 4 000 zł - (terminrozpoczęcia production is delayed and has not yet specified):
• Only 5dr body,
• Only for Dynamic and Elite,
The package "Mute" (BS1) is an additional option for all engines (in the year of manufacture 2016 was standard equipment only in the 1.6 200 hp and 160 hp 1.6 Bi-Turbo). Its composition varies between car bodies and engines - in accordance with the following table:
The leather upholstery comes as standard equipment package "comfortable" (WPG) - without changing the price;
Zmaina stitching leather upholstery:
Icon projection display system R4.0 IntelliLink (IOB) is changed, the icon of the system Navi 900 IntelliLink (Io6);

·
Registered
411 Posts
"Color display board computer (over the handlebars) (UDD) only available for orders Navi 900 (Io6) versions Dynamic and Elite; for the Essentia and Enjoy, Navi 900 receives a lower display (UDC);"

I read that as meaning that the full colour display behind the steering wheel will only be on Dynamic & Elite, with the Essentia & Enjoy getting the smaller, non-colour version.

Guessing that 'lower' means lower spec, not physically lower - it's a bit soon to be redesigning the dash.

UK MY17 specs not yet announced.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm not sure whether it's just a new idiosyncrasy with the online configurator, or an update in preparation for the MY17 changes. But when go on the online configurator, the new style steering controls are lost as is the colour screen.

Both images are from the online configurator for an Elite Nav 1.6T with the same options added. But from different times of the year:

Q1 2016:

- Unfortunately the colour driver computer display is very obscured in this image, but its there.

Q2 2016:

·
Registered
391 Posts
RG90

I know precisely what you mean. I've seen so many slight differences when checking out my particular spec that it makes me wonder exactly what I am going to get. I've seen rear seats with no armrest and rear seats with the 40:20:40 split, the different steering wheel controls, some centre consoles with and without stiched 'leather' to name a few.
I even took issue with Vauxhall Customer Assistance as under the Parking Pack option it stated in the Price & Specification Guide dated 1st April 2016 that it came with Automatic folding door mirrors, which is not the case as they only fold by manually operating the switch in the driver's door. I am not happy that I am not going to get what was advertised but at least Vauxhall have apologised and have been quick to remove the reference to 'Automatic' in the guide (Revised 19th May 2016).
Regarding the colour information display both the 1st April 2016 and the 19th May 2016 Price & Specification Guides clearly indicate that if you have specced the Navi 900 you will get it - see below:

DRIVER INFORMATION
Instrumentation
Driver information display (centrally located in instrument cluster)
• Monochrome display (upgraded to colour when Navi 900 specified) • Displays trip computer data • Total mileage
• Service-due indicator • Oil life • Tyre pressure monitoring system

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The thing to remember is that specs differ between different markets, so until Vauxhall release the MY2017 specs we won't know how they will be changed from the current ones.

·
Registered
573 Posts
The new steering wheel looks like the "old" opel... unatractive, ugly and made by a guy with no design experience and possibly with veterinerian degree :D hope they will not fork up the current astra design that much...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Kristis said:
The new steering wheel looks like the "old" opel... unatractive, ugly and made by a guy with no design experience and possibly with veterinerian degree :D hope they will not fork up the current astra design that much...
huh? the steering wheels shown above are what currently come with the astra. IPC without the colour screen get the 'old' style. Whereas if you have the colour IPC (Nav900 models) you get one with more controls.

G

·
The only thing different about the two steering wheels is the buttons, the design is otherwise the same. They're easy to use and they look fine. The steering wheel design is different to that of the J apart from buttons.

·
Registered
28 Posts
hello all :)

I think this link is the one to follow: http://www.opel-niedersachsen.de/mj2005.html#Modelljahr2016_5
Translation by google:

New model

New:
* USB port for PowerFlex Adapter (WNG)
* Load Floor (BF5) without spare-bulge
* interior package (WPG), standard with leather
* 16 inch alloy wheels (Q03)
* Park Pilot back (UD7)
* Design Package for Edition (fog lights, 16Zoll Alloy wheels, Lights package, window trim plates chrome)
* Business upgrade comfort (in addition ParkPilot front) and Business upgrade Executive (window trims chrome, light package, 16Zoll alloy wheels, seat and steering wheel heating) for Business
* 16Zoll steel winter wheels for Sports Tourer
* 16Zoll Alloy winter wheels
* AGR seat for innovation with fabric / morrocana and cloth / morrocana cushion just as EGR execution
* modified board computer layout

elimination
* Watt link for 1.4 Turbo and 1.6 CDTI 136 hp, only standard for HB 5 with 1.6 Turbo and 1.6 BiTurbo
* Morrocana Wings at Dynamic
* Only one folding key

equipment modifications:
* Swing

I find interesting
* Load Floor (BF5) without spare-bulge - will this mean it will be possible to have dual floor as in Astra J?

I am not shure about these:
* interior package (WPG), standard with leather - will this be the "silent package"?
* AGR seat for innovation with fabric / morrocana and cloth / morrocana cushion just as EGR execution
* modified board computer layout

1 - 20 of 24 Posts