Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vauxhall have listed the following specification changes for the New Astra K MY2016.5 at http://www.astonvauxhall.co.uk/new-car-product-information/new-astra/16-5-astra-5dr-and-sports-tourer-product-changes

MY16.5 Astra 5DR and Sports Tourer Product Updates

Introduction

As New Astra Hatchback and Sports Tourer have recently gone on sale there are only a small number of product changes planned for MY16.5 and full details regarding the changes are provided below for your information.

MY16.5 Product Changes
Hatchback and Sports Tourer - All trims - optional power tilt and slide sunroof introduced. <£500>

Please be advised that this option on SRi and SRi Nav models changes the headliner from dark grey to light titanium.

Hatchback only - Watts link rear suspension no longer standard with 1.4T 150PS MT6 and 1.6 Diesel 136PS engines - now only standard with 1.6T 200PS & 1.6 160PS engines.

Hatchback only - Acoustic Pack no longer standard with 1.4T 150PS MT6 and 1.6 Diesel 136PS engines - now only standard with 1.6T 200PS & 1.6 160PS engines.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm really pleased with this - I didn't like the dark grey headliner in the SRi and didn't want the leather seats of the Elite, so an SRi with sunroof and light grey headliner is ideal for me.

·
Registered
495 Posts
What is the acoustic package as I have the 1.4 turbo (150) so must already have this also is it a good thing that I must already have the watts rear link ???

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dunno - I couldn't work that out. The changes seem to be reflected in the 2016.5 price list and the SRi still gets 6 speakers etc.

Whatever they are you must have both of them but I won't get either on my 1.4T.

I just hope you make the most of them and enjoy what you've got, whatever they might be...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Most of the cars reviewed from the launch were 1.4 turbo and 1.6 136 bhp diesel. Having initially fitted as standard, watts linkage and sound dampening and later removing it, was obviously a planned publicity stunt to get better reviews. Now the test cars are fitted with 1.6 turbo petrol engine. If you go check reviews of other engines, like 1.0 turbo handling is usually marked as mediocre.
The watts link can use softer bushings meaning less road noise and vibrations. My16.5 lost sound insulation also to partially camouflage adittional road noise with the extra noise coming from the engine. Meaning the new astra is just not as quiet inside and doesn't handle as well as advertised. Vauxhall/opel is actually scamming people into thinking they are buying better cars than in reality.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bumping this thread up as a few people have asked about the changes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked up my 16.5 Astra Elite 1.6CDTi yeaterday it was factory order built end April in Poland, no watts link as expected but it did have under bonnet soundprooffing! Are Vauxhall now including it again?

·
Registered
45 Posts
About diesel engines:
Model year 2015 - 136hp (and few other) diesels will have sound proofind
Model year 2016.5 - only 160hp diesel will have it
Model year 2017 - entire sound proofing will be additional option ("BS1") in all engines

I think here in Poland new orders will get model year 2017 car already.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I thought only hatchbacks lacked the sound proofing under the bonnet, there were reports that ST models still had it despite same engine hatchbacks delivered at the same time.
The important question is if this makes a difference inside the car? Anyone knows?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I knew my16 had boonet soundproffing, but i've seen various 136 diesels nad 150 petrols my16.5 with and without it. And it didnt seem to be equipment oriented, as some came fully loaded without it and some with more basic equipment had it. The diferrence isnt huge, maybe more so with diesels. Engines are at least with it very quiet, but suspension it quite loud, and road noise dampening needs improvement. Havent driven the watts link tho. The bridgestone tires are also very loud.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts