Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I recently had my wing mirror replaced and I've just noticed that my mirrors are no longer heating up. I've checked the fuse box and it appears to have been removed and I don't know the type to replace it with.

Does anyone know?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I just looked at the manual

I found 2 fuses that i thought, from the naming in the manual, would be the fuse.

First one is in the fusebox in the engine bay.

Fuse 30 - Mirror Defrost (Missing on my car that has heated mirrors, so maybe this is if you have the heated front windscreen ?)

Second one is in the fusebox behind the cubbyhole/Powerflex bar

Fuse 14 - Exterior Mirror (This fuse is present, it is a 7.5A fuse)

If these are not the ones you have found missing, please tell me where and what fuse number, and i will tell you what fuse rating is there.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
If fuse 30 is missing as astraowner has verified on his car and his mirror heaters work, I wonder if they are fed from the heated rear window (fuse 29 engine fusebox) as the mirror heaters are activated from that switch.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Redman said:
If fuse 30 is missing as astraowner has verified on his car and his mirror heaters work, I wonder if they are fed from the heated rear window (fuse 29 engine fusebox) as the mirror heaters are activated from that switch.
Audio equipment Electronic engineering Electrical wiring Gas Machine

Well as you can see in this picture that is my fusebox, fuse 30 that is located as the lowest of the 3 fuses in top of the picture nearly in the center of the box, is missing (Empty space just below the 2 pcs 7.5A fuses)

Fuse 29 is the big one a little offcenter to the left just below the 3 fuse positions. It is rated 40A

Here is the manual with the fusebox and fuse numbers on page 231

https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/content/dam/vauxhall/Home/PDFs/owners/owners-manuals/astra/astra-owners-manual-february-2016.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
917 Posts
Hi! Have the same problem. Have you got it sorted out?
The place to start is the fuses so have you tested them ?
a failure of the mirror heating could be many things,from a fuse,the relay,a wiring issue,bad connection or a defective glass,so one persons problem could easily be different to yours
i know this is a fairly old thread but on the wiring diagram i'm getting a different fuse listed for the mirror heating (F49UA)
than the ones mentioned on this thread

Rectangle Font Line Parallel Slope

Reactions: Kulvitali
1 - 7 of 7 Posts