Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

To protect my rims (to a degree) I plan to plastidip them, the question is which would look better on the summit white astra, matt or gloss black?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think it will look better with the piano black finish on the outside plus it should help to protect the rims from slight curbing by students, at least for a short time

·
Registered
331 Posts
Have you used it before on the rims? Does it really help to protect them from curbing?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've not used it before but I like the idea of black rims on the white car and because it's a rubber spray it will form a small barrier, it won't protect them really but maybe reduce the damage, I'm also looking at rim blades on eBay which also provide some protection to the lip of the rim

·
Registered
331 Posts
I saw Rim blades but was kinda worried that they could look a bit "cheap" if you know what I mean.

Have you heard of Invisible Shield for gadgets? I kinda wish there was something like that for alloys.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I haven't heard of that, the rim blades in a subtle colour should look OK, I would avoid any florescent colours though.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I always like the anthracite alloys on this, but I think dark wheels need a light rim like the silver on here otherwise it all just blends with the tyres.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good point, the silver lip does set it off, the 17" SRI rims are nice, I don't want to hide the detail of them so maybe I'll reserve my decision to spray them black until I get the car, white is always an option but may show curbing easier?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I think black wheels on ANYTHING look absolutely horrible, especially on white cars. When on the move, it just looks as though the plastic wheel trim has fallen off leaving a cheap black steel rimmed wheel.

I personally would never buy any car that came with black wheels or a motorcycle for that matter, I hate them so much. Black wheels belong on one thing and that is a wheel barrow !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts