Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been speaking to a vauxhall engineer and he said that if you had a crash with the matrix lights you be looking at £2000 plus bill it's not just the lights it the lane assist brake assist led lights all have a impact because it's work with camera plus damage to the body work as well so be safe on the road otherwise u get a dirty fat bill

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's why you have something called insurance.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know you have insurance even if u have a minor crash and you hit the headlights and it's your fault just saying U have a dirty bill. Because the matrix lights you can only take it Vauxhall no other garage can do them right away

·
Registered
331 Posts
I am not sure what you're getting at. If you have insurance, you won't have a dirty bill - you will just have to pay the insurance excess. The insurer foots the bill for the rest.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I was getting at was if you had a prang the insurance company would want to take it to a approved garage they do there repair. May sure it only go to vauxhall no one else that all. :!: wasn't implying anything

·
Registered
798 Posts
PACMANIA said:
Just been speaking to a vauxhall engineer and he said that if you had a crash with the matrix lights you be looking at £2000 plus bill it's not just the lights it the lane assist brake assist led lights all have a impact because it's work with camera plus damage to the body work as well so be safe on the road otherwise u get a dirty fat bill
Not true. Lane assist and brake assist is not located at the headlights, they are just integrated computer programming not real modules. :roll:

·
Registered
411 Posts
1. All new Astras have LED running lights so replacoing them is not dependent on the Matrix Lights being fitted.
2. If you smash both Matrix units your insurance company's bill will be considerably more than £2000 anyway.
3. Why would the cost a of a replacement part have any effect whatsoever on your driving style?
4. Insurance company cannot force you to take the car to one of their 'approved' repairers.
5. If you do have an accident, remember Vauxhall Accident Management is a FREE service for ALL Vauxhall owners. Call 0333 3202 304 and they'll do everything for you, including making sure your car goes to a Vauxhall Approved bodyshop. They'll arrange roadside recovery, Liaise with your insurer and handle your insurance claim on your behalf, arrange a replacement vehicle and ensure your vehicle will be repaired at a Vauxhall approved bodyshop where all repairs are certified.
6. I assume your Vauxhall engineer is referring to the parking sensors and/or Auto parking sensors as an additional cost? As mentioned, nowt to do with the camera system.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After what u said make sense I was only going by what the engineer said. for a £995 option and you smash them the bill would bill a lot more then the £2k he said just go to show that even they make up stuff

·
Registered
280 Posts
SwissTJ said:
1. All new Astras have LED running lights so replacoing them is not dependent on the Matrix Lights being fitted.
2. If you smash both Matrix units your insurance company's bill will be considerably more than £2000 anyway.
3. Why would the cost a of a replacement part have any effect whatsoever on your driving style?
4. Insurance company cannot force you to take the car to one of their 'approved' repairers.
5. If you do have an accident, remember Vauxhall Accident Management is a FREE service for ALL Vauxhall owners. Call 0333 3202 304 and they'll do everything for you, including making sure your car goes to a Vauxhall Approved bodyshop. They'll arrange roadside recovery, Liaise with your insurer and handle your insurance claim on your behalf, arrange a replacement vehicle and ensure your vehicle will be repaired at a Vauxhall approved bodyshop where all repairs are certified.
6. I assume your Vauxhall engineer is referring to the parking sensors and/or Auto parking sensors as an additional cost? As mentioned, nowt to do with the camera system.
What Swiss said is correct!

I would just add that a lot of main dealers don't have their own body shops. They outsource the work to other repairers and guess what those repairers are quite often approved by the insurers as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts