Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
MY2017 Astra K 1.4T SRI
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Not a how-to per se but as a longtime lurker I thought I'd share a little 3D-printable upgrade I've made to my Astra.

I'm using a wireless CarPlay adaptor and wanted to install a wireless charger so I don't have to plug in. As an iPhone user I've got MagSafe so this seemed a good option (I believe you can just stick magnets to other phones for the same effect).

After trying various adhesive and airvent chargers, I couldn't find anything I liked enough to keep using so after some mashing about with 3D models, this is what I came up with:

Gear shift Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Car

The Apple MagSafe puck just pops into the holder, and the other parts push together. It doesn't require any modifications to the car (the black piece sits in the 'tray'), but I ended up drilling a hole in the parts and cutting a hole in the rubber lining to hide the cable and route it through the fuse box:

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design

Files for printing can be found at Vauxhall/Opel Astra K MagSafe Mount by danr_uk. I've got a fair few spare prints from testing so if there's any interest I'm happy to post some out!

·
Registered
Vauxhall Astra CDTi Sri Nav 2018
161 Posts
Hi all,

Not a how-to per se but as a longtime lurker I thought I'd share a little 3D-printable upgrade I've made to my Astra.

I'm using a wireless CarPlay adaptor and wanted to install a wireless charger so I don't have to plug in. As an iPhone user I've got MagSafe so this seemed a good option (I believe you can just stick magnets to other phones for the same effect).

After trying various adhesive and airvent chargers, I couldn't find anything I liked enough to keep using so after some mashing about with 3D models, this is what I came up with:

View attachment 8928

The Apple MagSafe puck just pops into the holder, and the other parts push together. It doesn't require any modifications to the car (the black piece sits in the 'tray'), but I ended up drilling a hole in the parts and cutting a hole in the rubber lining to hide the cable and route it through the fuse box:

View attachment 8929

Files for printing can be found at Vauxhall/Opel Astra K MagSafe Mount by danr_uk. I've got a fair few spare prints from testing so if there's any interest I'm happy to post some out!
Looks great well done!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts