Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Has anyone fitted some led lights for low beam and high beam which fits quite easy and are error free? If so do you have a link for them and could you please explain what are the steps? I know there are plenty posts about leds but couldn鈥檛 find what I was looking for. Thanks in advance!馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Photograph Digital camera Product Reflex camera Camera

Product Font Gas Engineering Cylinder

I鈥檝e ordered the f2 for the headlight and the other ones for reversing lights as I鈥檓 not seeing much when reversing.I鈥檒l keep the topic open so I鈥檒l update after fitting them to say if I had any error.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi everyone! I鈥檝e tried to update my low beams with those f2 h7 headlights, turned out to be quite a tricky job. But in the end I鈥檝e done it( at least that鈥檚 what I thought). Went inside the car to check if they are working, and turned out right low beam, right indicator, and left side daylight not working anymore plus error on the dashboard. So I鈥檝e removed the new led and I鈥檝e put the old halogen back, came inside the car and wasn鈥檛 working anymore. I鈥檓 gonna mention I didn鈥檛 touch the left side lights at all, and I also get check brake light, check right dipped beam. Checked for any damaged cable or something like this but I haven鈥檛 seen anything being wrong鈥 Any idea how can I fix all these without going to a garage, as I鈥檓 a bit broken after all these winter holidays..
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Wheel

Registered
Try disconnecting the battery earth for 20 mins or so,it may just be a case of the bcm getting it's knickers twisted

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know the battery is in the boot under the matt, but where is the earthing?

Registered
Here,10mm nut

Asphalt Audio equipment Automotive tire Rolling Auto part

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Earth been removed for 30 minutes, I put it back on and the exact same thing afterwards鈥 can it be a fuse? Even tho both lights are on the same fuse, I don鈥檛 see how one could work and the other one not鈥

Registered
when fitting the f2 bulbs,fit them out side the bulb unit check if they work if not turn the bulb 180 degrees try again.the bulb conection fits both ways but one is right

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
when fitting the f2 bulbs,fit them out side the bulb unit check if they work if not turn the bulb 180 degrees try again.the bulb conection fits both ways but one is right
I鈥檝e tried that before putting the halogen back in鈥 now multiple lights are acting up and not sure what to do鈥

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
did you reset them on the dash,try a obd reader to see if any codes
On the dashboard I get 鈥 checked right dipped lamp鈥; 鈥渃heck brake lights鈥 and check indicator lights. Not quite sure how can you reset them on the dash鈥

Registered
where you scroll through the menus on the dash push the centre button,if that does not work i am sorry i cannot help

Registered
Do you have the "dismiss" option in the DIC for each warning ?
if so do the dismiss routine for each one and see if that sorts it

Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Material property Font

Registered
It's hard to work out exactly what's gone wrong,is there any chance you've shorted something out when changing the bulbs ?
could you post a list of exactly which bulbs are now not working

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Front left daylight lamp (the led one that looks like a strip)
Front right indicator
Front right low beam ( the one I was trying to replace)
And out of the brake lights only the middle one above the rear winndow works.
Car Speedometer Vehicle White Tachometer

Car Speedometer White Light Tachometer

Car Speedometer White Automotive design Light

1 - 20 of 30 Posts