Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to lock the car (start button version) with the remote with the engine still running?
Is that possible in any way??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so if i live in a big city and i want to empty my mailbox before driving in to the garage i have to stop the car , close it and after i take my mail, open the car, turn it on and drive into the garage? Because of ?? But when you leave it running for 30 sec. to go and get your mail, you have to make sure that nobody is around , because the car is gone before you are back !!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And believe me, key in the car or not, it keeps on running until you push the stop button.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Until 2 weeks ago i onwed a jeep Compass, with that car it wasnt any problem. Start the car to make it icefree and nice warm inside. After a hard day of work that was a nice experience.

·
Registered
289 Posts
My first thought: Have You tried to close the doors by turning the actual keyfob in driver´s doorlock?
Remote control closing is disabled when ignition is on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
A lot of modern cars allow the engine to run whilst the car locks the doors , i see a few motors this time of year running in the morning with the owner inside the house enjoying a cuppa 😊

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well, to be honest, GeneralMotors sells/sold some of it´s brands with remote start (Buick, Cadillac) and some without (Opel/VX). Deep inside our cars could be remote started as well :D
Possibly coding a module would do the trick.
Font Auto part Audio equipment Automotive wheel system Automotive design

I can run my car with doors locked (with retrofitted remote start module). This could be also a solution for discussion starter. For stock car the physical locking with key could be the option to try out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, to be honest, GeneralMotors sells/sold some of it´s brands with remote start (Buick, Cadillac) and some without (Opel/VX). Deep inside our cars could be remote started as well :D
Possibly coding a module would do the trick.
View attachment 8003

I can run my car with doors locked (with retrofitted remote start module). This could be also a solution for discussion starter. For stock car the physical locking with key could be the option to try out.
Is that module already in the car or do i need to fit an extra module ? The car is already equiped with folding mirrors, only by pushing the button on the doorpanel and the car is fitted with open and close windows when pushing the buttons on the remote and holding them for a few seconds. Grtz

·
Registered
64 Posts
We can program factory remote start on any Astra-K model but it MUST be automatic transmission.

We have programmed many including Insignia-B models now.

Reactions: Valer

·
Registered
289 Posts
Is that module already in the car or do i need to fit an extra module ? The car is already equiped with folding mirrors, only by pushing the button on the doorpanel and the car is fitted with open and close windows when pushing the buttons on the remote and holding them for a few seconds. Grtz
I got mine fitted Fortin remote start module - added extra.
We can program factory remote start on any Astra-K model but it MUST be automatic transmission.

We have programmed many including Insignia-B models now.
How much £££ is your programming job? Just for comparsion ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts