Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've been looking at some pics but cant really work this one out.

Which bulbs are LED on the LED tail lights? I have gone for the regular ones as I didn't need the IntelliLux headlights (although they do look really nice).

On the configure page on the Vauxhall site the LED tail lights you get with the IntelliLux are "premium". Does anyone know what the difference is between these and the stand alone add on LED tail lights?

Looking at the manual it says the only regular filament bulbs in the LED tail lights are reverse and rear fog. Looking at some youtube vids of cars with the LED rear lights it looks like the indicator lights are regular bulbs however.

Im a little bit confused!

Cheers

·
Registered
411 Posts
Having just done a side-by-side comparison of our Astra demo with Intellilux lights and my non-IL - there's no discernible difference between the 'Premium' LED rear lights and my optional bog-standard LEDs. All areas of the cluster are identical. 'Tis marketing puffery.

TJ, Marketing Manager :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is not LED, but has anyone had trouble , with condensation in the rear lights , when i pick mine up , the rear indicater was condesated , had a reolacement , and this one is the same, changing it again this Friday

·
Registered
573 Posts
Condensation had a different thread here. It's a known issue, which is due to tiny condensation holes found on the bottom of the light units. Some units ware not drilled properly and had those holes partly clogged ;) You can fix them yourself with a tooth pick

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanks, Kristis. but my dealer seems to want to change the light , so i will let them. don't think they have heard of the tooth pick solution. I might tell them after the light has been changed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Feel a little robbed with the rear LED lights none of the dealers I visited had any on display and now it's arrived can't really tell if it's actually an led model. When you look at other cars with led rear lights it really makes a difference. Can anyone tell me the difference in the LED rear lights and standard?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Mileslt said:
Feel a little robbed with the rear LED lights none of the dealers I visited had any on display and now it's arrived can't really tell if it's actually an led model. When you look at other cars with led rear lights it really makes a difference. Can anyone tell me the difference in the LED rear lights and standard?
The LED rear lights look very different than the standard ones. They appear to be two sharp lines, the normal ones just make the whole section glow. Threw together a comparison:

Here's a close-up of the LED rear lights on my car, just for the hell of it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow, the LED ones look so much better. Now I'm wondering whether I should add them to my configuration or not... It's not even that expensive, but then again, I won't really have any use from it myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.