Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to install some LED style licence plate bulbs as I think the standard ones look poor next to the LED rear lights.

I am after a more OEM white light replacement than the awful looking strip of LEDs which to me just scream "cheap aftermarket mod"

I have found these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/161622736512

Has anyone tried these or can anyone point me in the right direction for an OEM look?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
These will give u flickering and errors ;) go with the full units, just look for lower intensity and a bit wormer light. Ebay is full of chinese crap, but few guys in here pointed some british huilt with 5500k lights. They look fantastic and OEM + problem free

P.s. sorry but i cant find a link on the go....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think fuzz are going to be bothered by them at least your keeping you plate visible but have to agree this is what I'm trying to avoid, I find most aftermarket lights are too bright and light up the road aswell. It makes it instantly obvious it's an aftermarket mod.



This shows what I'm after.. The one on the left is that bright you can't read the plate and is lighting up the road more than the plate. Where as the one on the right looks factory and much clearer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
I like the fact that it lights the floor up as when you go to the boot at night at least you can see if there is a big puddle behind your car to avoid also my numberplate is perfectly readable but that's just my opinion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No offence meant, some people prefer them.

It would appear Lush Lighting like your car to ;)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
If anyone's interested I've recently installed LED licence plate bulbs from some company in germany which sells LED lights specifically for Opel - http://r-led.de/. The lights are kind of expensive (they were 96€ with shipping) but they have certificate to be used specifically with Astra K so unlike all the others you can get from ebay these are street legal. The build quality is really good, there's a big heatsink on the back so no overheating and they also cause no bulb out error. You can see from the photos that most of the light is actually directed on the license plate and not on a ground behind the car like those cheap chinese LED lights do.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
sukotsu said:
No offence meant, some people prefer them.

It would appear Lush Lighting like your car to ;)

I got them half price from lush lighting in return for some pics they could use

I have had mine in now for 13 months never missed a beat and never had any errors come up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
In my house we have two astras, both SRi both 1.6T. The hatchback, which has intellilux, has the standard number plate bulb. The ST/Estate does not have intellilux but does have an LED number plate bulb. :roll: :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
do they do xeon effect bulbs? i'm not bothered about LED's, not sure what bulb number I'm looking for.

Just to clarify the main beams are H7 and the side lights (low beam) H1? I'm not sure on the fogs and the license plate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
I had some led bulbs from my old car so just used them in my Astra. I got the error message on the dash so I bought a resistor pack from Halfords (convience as there is one locally) and fitted them and have got rid of any flickering and errors on the dash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Razormatt said:
sukotsu said:
No offence meant, some people prefer them.

It would appear Lush Lighting like your car to ;)

I got them half price from lush lighting in return for some pics they could use

I have had mine in now for 13 months never missed a beat and never had any errors come up
I also brought from Ebay and the picture makes them look much brighter than in person. a really nice touch to the car especially if you have LED/HID at the front
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Supermann25 said:
Razormatt said:
sukotsu said:
No offence meant, some people prefer them.

It would appear Lush Lighting like your car to ;)

I got them half price from lush lighting in return for some pics they could use

I have had mine in now for 13 months never missed a beat and never had any errors come up
I also brought from Ebay and the picture makes them look much brighter than in person. a really nice touch to the car especially if you have LED/HID at the front
Just going off what I mentioned above. The lights are bright but do give off a great finish. Not too bright making them illegal to read a number plate


Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Hi All,

Has anyone found some LED bulbs that don't give errors or require a whole unit?

I bought some of these, they do not flicker, are not too bright but the car still says the bulbs are out even though they are working fine.

Rectangle Font Audio equipment Plastic Gadget


Thanks,
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top