Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Danny J said:
It's the led's themselves that are angled and not something to manually adjust (see pic) but if they work for you thats great. I remember when I had the Osram's in I thought it couldn't get better. Then I was informed of projection headlights vs reflector headlights. Returned them and made the change and definitely better. Much more projection. Love to see pics man.
Ive been toying with Twenty20, my only concern is that the lights look to blue when looking at them and will attract the attention of The Fuzz

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Gitto said:
Ive been toying with Twenty20, my only concern is that the lights look to blue when looking at them and will attract the attention of The Fuzz
I was just thinking that myself. Looking at the pictures by Danny they look like they must be up in the 8000K range, they really do look blue. Unless it's a trick of the photo ? I know when I started playing with trying to get HIDs fitted to my old ZZR1100, anything above about 6500K was very blue and the higher the colour temp. the less actual lumens output generally.

I've found that 4100K or 4300K usually give the most light output (on HIDs at least) but I've noticed most LEDs seem to be rated at either 5000K or 6500K. The 5000K LEDs I fitted into my old 1400 ST in the Main Beams were pretty OK though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Shaky said:
Gitto said:
I was just thinking that myself. Looking at the pictures by Danny they look like they must be up in the 8000K range, they really do look blue. Unless it's a trick of the photo ? I know when I started playing with trying to get HIDs fitted to my old ZZR1100, anything above about 6500K was very blue and the higher the colour temp. the less actual lumens output generally.

I've found that 4100K or 4300K usually give the most light output (on HIDs at least) but I've noticed most LEDs seem to be rated at either 5000K or 6500K. The 5000K LEDs I fitted into my old 1400 ST in the Main Beams were pretty OK though.
The Twenty20 are best solution for me but still in warranty plus extended warranty so don't wanna go down HID route. Just wish they were 5000k. You could say just get new dust caps for when it goes in but if break down on motorway don't wanna be faffing about taking em out

·
Registered
51 Posts
Although looking at the DRLs in Danny's pics (cheers kidda) they also look blue so maybe it is the photo ??

·
Registered
51 Posts
If anyone has further pics of Twenty20 H7 bulbs in the light unit that would be great. I'm sure Danny pics are the camera showing them blue. Also H8 fogs/H1 show no bulb out warning on mine when removed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure if you are still looking but I went with HID's because of the possible issues. No errors as I went with built in can-bus. Also no issues with beam pattern or MOT (yet at least). I Will be changing high beams soon with the same but changing other bulbs inside and out with LED So Will update you with any issues if you are Still struggling. FYI I did here to modify the light dust cover but was very easy and head light unit is still sealed and water tight.

·
Registered
51 Posts
SpeedySteveP said:
Not sure if you are still looking but I went with HID's because of the possible issues. No errors as I went with built in can-bus. Also no issues with beam pattern or MOT (yet at least). I Will be changing high beams soon with the same but changing other bulbs inside and out with LED So Will update you with any issues if you are Still struggling. FYI I did here to modify the light dust cover but was very easy and head light unit is still sealed and water tight.
Cheers Speedy. Toyed with HID but read some still have dark patch in front of car & take a little while to fully work. I may try F2 LED in main beam as no bulb out warning on high beam or fogs. What HID did you get?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
SpeedySteveP said:
I wouldn't fit HIDs in the Main Beam position Steve coz of the warm-up time. LEDs would deffo be better as they are instantaneously up to full brightness. I had the HID Dipped/LED Mains setup in my old 1400 ST and they were great.

Couple of Youtube vids showing the end result:-

STANDARD

HIDS/LEDS

Quality isn't fantastic and tbh it looks MUCH better in real life.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've considered the Twenty20 LED's myself, but as previously mentioned the blue tint on the previous pics has put me off. I've opted for the F2 LED's instead, not bad, but was expecting so much more. Don't really want to shell out £100 plus on the Philips or Osram either, as some youtube reviews really don't rate them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
For my 2016 astra I bought these US $28.27 34%OFF | H1 LED H7 LED 20000LM H8 HB3 9005 HB4 H11 Led Headlights Bulbs 9012 HIR2 12sides 80W 3D high power Canbus 360 degree Auto Lamp
27.85US $ 35% OFF|H1 Led H7 Led H8 Hb3 9005 Hb4 H11 Led Headlights Bulbs 9012 Hir2 12sides 80w 3d High Power Canbus 360 Degree Auto Lamp 6000k - Car Headlight Bulbs(led) - AliExpress

No error, have them 2 months, no problem, also they fir great in the housing, they dont blind other drivers, low beam.
One bulb just failed, so scrap these, looking for new ones.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts