Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all,

I have ordered an Astra (Silver lightning) - ordered it 23rd of March and had the email confirmation telling me it should be ready in June.

However I have no idea if thats realistic or may come earlier? My current MOT on my Corsa C (OLD!!) is due in July.. not sure if its worth renewing.

Whats your experiences been? Would be great to a have a thread that details when people have ordered it and how long it took... Just a thought.

Cheers all..

T

G

·
Hello and welcome!

I ordered my SRi, Summit White with parking sensors and Winter pack at the end of Feb and I picked it up a week ago. So hopefully your experience won't be too different.

The MOT on my Corsa D was due early April and I was lucky that my dealer offered to MOT it without charge for me as I always service and MOT with them, and they were taking it in as part exchange. Your mileage may vary with your dealer however.

G

·
I was lucky. Seems to be a fair bit shorter than most here, even though it wasn't from stock and was to order. And it came from Poland! The dealer said it started to fly through the stages and slowed down.

The intellilux seems to be the big one to wait for.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Current info: order this week and it'll be built in week 22 (w/e June 5th) with delivery wk 25 (w/e 26th June) + 1 wk for SRi

No specific info on Intellilux slowing things down, but there's a 40% take up, so it may well happen if this is above initial predictions.

As with all these timings, it's all 'anticipated' and may well change as production needs arise, with particular cars jumping the queue if their bits are ready to go early.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I ordered mine 6th March and it's due first week in May.

·
Registered
325 Posts
@gadgetgaz, How is that possible? Where are you from?

I've ordered mine 12th April, and the is due to be delivered in August. 2 months for production (8weeks) + 8-10 weeks for the Intellilux. Opel is having a problem with Intellilux, as I've heard...

·
Registered
5 Posts
SwissTJ said:
Blimey, that must be a very special car if it's being built in Germany.
Yeh, I thought it was weird as I thought it was UK or else Poland was the only other place I'd heard of them being built. But dealer phoned a few weeks ago to say it was finally entering production in germany, then phoned last week to say it was built and just waiting to be delivered to Belfast

·
Registered
83 Posts
drcl said:
@gadgetgaz, How is that possible? Where are you from?
I'm in Yorkshire, UK.
My dealer says it's at event 42 - shipped and has given me 5th May as the delivery date. It's built in Poland and should, by now, have entered the UK via Immingham docks.

Maybe I was lucky to have ordered it when they happened to have all the bits in stock?

·
Registered
83 Posts
In fact they have now brought the date forward. It now says the 2nd but my dealer says once the cars are in the hands of the courier (which mine is) it usually arrives within a matter of days. So they've told me it will more than likely be next week!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine was ordered on January 21, current delivery date is week 30 (last week in July). It's an Opel Astra Innovation (similar to elite in the UK), with sunroof, Intellilux, nav 900 and winter pack + metallic colour.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I only ordered mine 2 weeks ago and the dealer found the spec that I wanted available. So all in all 2 weeks wait and picking up in a couple of days

·
Registered
331 Posts
I ordered mine at the beginning of March, the dealer only placed the order a few days later and the car is due to be with the dealer on 4th May. So about 8 weeks or so!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts