Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Finally i got my car :)
I will do a youtube review sometime this weekend. But first impressions are kind of mixed :)
I've been scammed by Opel with Watts and acoustic pack - that's bad and i do think that its likely last Opel for my company as i do think there should be some honor involved in the contracts and the sale itself. Since Opel/Vauxhall is not aware of what honor means - they issued me some refund and i managed to get some of my money back because of being scammed :)

Back to first impressions. Coming down to Opel from Lexus and Alfa Romeo - everything seems strange :) I went for full spec's, and that included keyless entry/go. Problem with it is that u still have to press a button, they saved a few euros on the touch sensors (thats strange). Other super strange thing are the seats. I have top spec AGR leather seats and... Leather is only on the visual parts, everything else is either cloth or fake leather. I havent seen any car maker before doing this (I had top/good spec. Toyota's, Lexus, Alfa Romeo and Porsche's). What they did is they skipped on leather everywhere where u can not directly touch by sitting or putting your hand down :D

I opted for automated side mirrors, but they only are only manually automated and u can not fold them when u put on brakes :D

Since i bought my Astra kind of blindly, since they didn't have AGR seats, neither full auto seats, i was expecting to have a wider adjusting capability of them. That means - for them to go down further. Yet i got disappointed again - seats are still not going down enough and your sitting position is kind of high, which i do not like as I prefer to be as low as possible every single time.

Sound insulation. Well, there's none, zero, na-da :) I was thinking that acoustic pack involved only the soundproofing of the bonnet, but apparently there is completely no sound insulation in between external body panels (metal) and internal panels (plastic). I quickly dismantled all the panels in the boot just to find that those panels ARE THE SINGLE INSULATION :D I have never driven such cars as Dacia, Lada, low spec Citroen, low spec Peugeot and other crap, but i was never expecting Opel not to have any sound insulation :D And yes, bonnet insulation is unnecessary, but sound coming from the back is horrible... So i will be doing how-to instruction on how to do a PROPER sound insulation, not that scam from Opel which they call sound insulation :D

But the electronics pack is impressive. Really love how car handles, and i LOVE the headlights, they are fantastic. And i really love the color and the fact that i'm getting a lot of attention from passer-by's :)

Overall i would give the Astra a nice and solid 8/10 :) My impressions might sound bad, but i just pointed out the bad parts :)

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Automotive parking light

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle

Car Vehicle Speedometer Odometer White

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally picked my car after detailing + NANO coating. Looks great and i really love that it feels very slippery now :D So here are a bit more photos done by my Samsung, which by the way is not compatible with the head unit :D Damn, the only reason i went for that NAVI900 was bigger screen, and now i have to wait and pray to get an update for it :)
Automotive parking light Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A bit more thoughts on the Astra:
Seats. I really dislike them. I've went with the best possible option with AGR seats with massage function. Massage is... well... I would advise u spend the money somewhere else :) Side support: complete crap. Looks like the seats ware designed for fat people, and i dont mean mildly obese, i mean fat. Im the best athletic built but i do sport a lot and consider my physique to be mildly athletic, yet those seats even on the "tightest" side support settings feel like a bath tub :D Come on Opel, we live in Europe, not US, why would we need such seats? :D I'm 192cm and 92kg and even i think those seats have not enough side suppot :D Besides from lack of side support, i like their firmness and feel. Overall not the best seating position and that AGR certified hype is over rated but they are OK. And I also like their auto retraction function, makes one feel like a bit of "lexus" in it :)

Sound insulation. Well... Car has none :) The only sound insulation in this car are the inner panels. Frankly, i have never ever seen a modern car which would not have at least some kind of sound insulation :) Even under the carpet there's none. For that i'm super surprised as the car is quite noisy especially road noise. So proper sound insulation is a must and i will try to make a to-do in the coming months when i have time to remove all the interior panels + carpet and do the proper sound insulation, the way it had to be done by Opel in the first place :)

Did I tell how i love the lights? :) Best think one can buy in this car! No Astra should ever be sold without them!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Few more photos during detailing. Really love the nano coat's :)
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Kristis said:
Side support: complete crap. Looks like the seats ware designed for fat people, and i dont mean mildly obese, i mean fat. Im the best athletic built but i do sport a lot and consider my physique to be mildly athletic, yet those seats even on the "tightest" side support settings feel like a bath tub :D Come on Opel, we live in Europe, not US, why would we need such seats? :D I'm 192cm and 92kg and even i think those seats have not enough side suppot :D
One question (since I'm 193cm/85kg myself), have you adjusted the seats to the tightest, since that option is available on the AGR leather seats?
Because if I adjust my seat tight it's definately a lot tighter seat than the wifes Audi A4 -13 with sport seats.

Apart from that, lovely car! I was choosing between white and red when I ordered mine, so it's fun to see a red one with 18" aswell :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was lost between the two too :) but sadly Opel doesnt have a pearl white (my Lexus is pearl white, love that color).

I did adjust them, but still they are not snug enough for me. But then again, i'm used to driving Italian and Japanese cars so they have a bit different "client sizes" :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts