Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
The test of a good company IMHO is when there are problems. If they sort them professionally and quickly, without any argument then I reckon that even though the problem shouldn't have reared it's ugly head in the first place, it's been sorted to your satisfaction so warrants a good review.

Glad to hear all has gone well Boro' (y)
Cheers, me too.
Crap happens in life, it's how we resolve the issues afterwards, that counts(y)

·
Super Moderator
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Many years ago, I had my car in the body shop for repairs to the front bumper and front edge of the bonnet. When I went to collect my car, I did a walk around to check that the rest of the car was how I had left it . . . only to find a dent and scratch on the rear hatch! o_O

Maybe they had hoped that I wouldn't notice, and so not only was I annoyed at the damage but also the fact they didn't own up to it. Of course I mentioned it to them, and they didn't argue . . . just gave me back the keys to the Ford Ka courtesy car I had! :rolleyes:

Now, whenever my car is in for service, what have you, I always make a point of checking out the car when collecting it . . . wearing my reading spectacles to be extra sure I don't miss anything! :cautious:
Good idea, think I'll check mine prior to departure, next time. Pleased they also resolved your damage, too.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Dropped my car off again, service manager gave me a one year old Corsa SE 1.0t manual to drive as a courtesy car. He apologised for my bad experience, also agreed to respray my bonnet at their cost, I'll be booking that in again within a few weeks time.
So since complaining the service has been excellent, my faith within humanity has been restored.
I can't help thinking they have accepted responsibility for those three stone chips too easily. I wonder if the stones also hit your windscreen and took it out and they have had it replaced. After new screen has been fitted they haven't recalibrated certain sensors, hence the warning. Just a possible scenario Boroboy.
Glad it is all getting sorted and the vx extended warranty has paid out. Reassuring to me as I have the same policy as you.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Many years ago, I had my car in the body shop for repairs to the front bumper and front edge of the bonnet. When I went to collect my car, I did a walk around to check that the rest of the car was how I had left it . . . only to find a dent and scratch on the rear hatch! o_O

Maybe they had hoped that I wouldn't notice, and so not only was I annoyed at the damage but also the fact they didn't own up to it. Of course I mentioned it to them, and they didn't argue . . . just gave me back the keys to the Ford Ka courtesy car I had! :rolleyes:

Now, whenever my car is in for service, what have you, I always make a point of checking out the car when collecting it . . . wearing my reading spectacles to be extra sure I don't miss anything! :cautious:
I actually take pictures of my car on my phone prior to leaving it with them.

·
Super Moderator
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I can't help thinking they have accepted responsibility for those three stone chips too easily. I wonder if the stones also hit your windscreen and took it out and they have had it replaced. After new screen has been fitted they haven't recalibrated certain sensors, hence the warning. Just a possible scenario Boroboy.
Glad it is all getting sorted and the vx extended warranty has paid out. Reassuring to me as I have the same policy as you.
Now there's a thought, I noticed a few new scratches on the outside of my screen just above my dash area, that certainly were not there when I dropped it off. Obviously don't know for sure, it's a new service manager though, seemed genuine, but whom knows for sure. It certainly looked like screen glass for sure. Have a few light scratches on my dash too, again that weren't there, prior to it going in, but I've let that go. Main issue was the bonnet.

·
Super Moderator
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
If it was replaced and shards of glass were so easily found in the car, what's the odds that some glass has found its way into the air vents? You'll be listening for rattling noises from the dashboard!
I doubt I'd notice with all the other Vauxhall related rattles going on, anyway:ROFLMAO:
The only glass within my car was on the top of my dash, I also had a chip on my original screen, something I'll be checking for when I pick my car up.
Checked screen now, as I've just picked my car up again and.......it's the original screen :ROFLMAO: My car is now booked in for the bonnet respray.
All looking good with the ignition key saga, looking like it was the gear selector that was to blame after all.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts