Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just finalised my order for a sri nav ,150 ps ,asteroid grey, great looking car and thanks for letting me join the forum

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sri nav 1.4 t , asteroid grey everything else as standard , there seemed quite enough toys in there with the on star for me haha

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Welcome to the forum, another SRi owner. You weren't too tight to pay for a colour unlike all us Power Red owners!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol I'm kinda wishing I would have added a few bits now after reading some specs on here instead of paint haha ;)

·
Registered
360 Posts
There's still time. At least three of us went back to buy more stuff from our dealer thanks to pushers on this site...

Popular options seem to be:

• Parking Pack with rear camera, front+rear sensors, Advanced Park Assist, Side Blind Spot Alert and electric Folding Mirrors £595
  • Intellilux LED headlights with LED tail lights £995
You'd save £500 if you'd just conform and get a red SRi too...

"Power to the Reds!"

(There's so many of us we could form an army - if only we could think up a catchy name)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Power to reds indeed haha , that parking pack does look tempting as does the winter pack , I went into the dealer yesterday, having ordered the car the previous day , to order a powerflex bar and he told me the car was already ordered and in production ? Strange as I thought they would welcome extra cash ?

·
Registered
360 Posts
My dealer added the £250 AGR ergonomic seat on 5 Jan after I placed my order on 31 Dec and he was quite happy to do it. Possibly because he hadn't entered it onto the system yet...

Then again, the Powerflex bar is a low cost option so perhaps your dealer just couldn't be bothered as I doubt they'd get more than a fiver out of it. Others have been able to upgrade from the sensors to the parking pack after placing their order. Your dealer may be happier to add a more expensive upgrade if you give him a gentle nudge. I doubt it's in production yet.

Alternatively, Cornishtaz did a great article on retrofitting a Powerflex bar if you're keen:
http://www.astrakforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=95

I'm hoping my order is OK - I haven't met the dealer and don't even know where they are as I did it all by email and phone. They were £400 cheaper than my local dealer, much more enthusiastic and responsive and only 25 miles away.

- New Model/Red Army

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I did ask Cornish and he directed me to his thread , which I'm going to order next month , you're probably right about them not adding it due to it being not worth it, new model/red army ;) very catchy bud, I've had a provisional date of 15th Feb when it will be at the dealers , but will register it in march ;) looking forward to getting a pic up of it when its time

·
Registered
360 Posts
That's really quick delivery compared with mine - obviously cos you've gone for a standard model it's easier and quicker than a custom build and probably already in production.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Guys,

Gunswills standard spec astra sri is probably already built, think they call it pipe stock, hence quick delivery. UKTekkies and mine are factory orders, hence the wait. When car has been ordered you can change spec easily until it has been assigned a build date slot, after that you may not be able to.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its too quick of a delivery !! I don't know how I'm gonna stop myself until march haha

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi everybody. First post on here. I ordered a 1.4t auto techline yesterday. I'm thinking of changing to an SRi nav though due to the extras that it includes. Either way it will be in emerald green.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
StevieBoy said:
Hi Guys,

Gunswills standard spec astra sri is probably already built, think they call it pipe stock, hence quick delivery. UKTekkies and mine are factory orders, hence the wait. When car has been ordered you can change spec easily until it has been assigned a build date slot, after that you may not be able to.
hi stevie , yea i gathered there would be a base model stock , but im not touching it till march for the new plate , plus i should get an extra 400 back from finance settlement for the 2 payments i will make , im happy with the standard sri nav , although in hindsight i might have stuck with power red and added a few extras but will check tmrw if its too late to change it , if not ce la vie ;) . looking forward to seeing the gallery on here once all you guys start to take delivery ;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Gunswills - to clarify - VX placed a build order for 10 cars identical to yours on Dec 17th, yours being one of that batch, ordered with no extras and pushed through quickly (as with all VX orders). When you came in to add the PowerBar it had already moved to Event 32 - spec changes can't be made after Event 25. Your car is now at Event 33, to be built at Ellesmere Port with an anticipated delivery (to us) date of 15/2.

Apologies if this wasn't explained properly, we'd normally be delighted to take more money from you, but it was too late in this instance.

TJ

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you Swiss tj , 17th of Dec wow , I didn't know to be honest as I never came in until 7th Jan 16 to order , although that will explain why when I came in on the 8th after ordering on the 7th how I couldn't add anything , in hindsight I would exchange my asteroid grey for parking pack , as for everything else I am more than happy ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
StevieBoy said:
Hi Guys,

Hi StevieBoy,

Do you know what the time frame is for a car to be set a build date? I ordered a 1.6T elite in carbon flash, with rear LED, 18", tints and a spare wheel last Sunday. Went in today to ask if I could change to Nav and add the parking pack, getting rid of the 18" and the rear LED and the dealer said its highly likely that it's not possible.

With being told the delivery was 12 weeks I thought 1 week wouldn't really make much of a difference!

Cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
360 Posts
  • 31 Dec Ordered
    3 Feb build slot allocated
    18 March Delivery date (new)
    24 March Delivery date (original)

I'm still on step 1 though. Build slot appeared on 3 Feb (ie same day)

·
Registered
48 Posts
UKtekkie said:
  • 31 Dec Ordered
    3 Feb build slot allocated
    18 March Delivery date (new)
    24 March Delivery date (original)

I'm still on step 1 though. Build slot appeared on 3 Feb (ie same day)
Thanks for the response! That sounds promising atleast! Hope I get the answer I want from the dealer tomorrow! So your build date was assigned the same day it actually went in to be built?

·
Registered
360 Posts
RG90 said:
So your build date was assigned the same day it actually went in to be built?
Well, step 1 appeared on trackmyvauxhall site on 3 Feb showing:

"Your car was confirmed a build slot on 03 Feb 2016"

Note it doesn't say 3 Feb is the build date - it just says that's the date the build slot was allocated, so it's not obvious whether that is the actual build date or not...

Still not on step 2 and no information from my dealer about which event I'm on or where it's be built, despite me asking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts