Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Having a quick scan around the forum, you seem like a friendly bunch of (mostly) guys.
Just ordered an SRi 1.4T(150) in granite grey. After a test drive I was sold immediately! Should arrive in a week or so. Can't wait.

Just one question that the sales rep couldn't answer and I didn't push him on it:- does CarPlay work via the car wifi? Or does it need to be via a USB connection? I didn't order the powerflex bar thing you see.

Thanks in advance.

Kev

G

·
Congrats and welcome! Carplay works by plugging into the USB inside the armrest. You can use the in car WiFi to power the internet side of things then like the maps etc.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. To be honest I didn't even have a look in the arm rest!

I asked the sales rep about a USB power slot and he said no, just the 12v old style charging point. Is that armrest USB point standard in the SRi?

G

·
Odd that he'd say that, it's standard across the whole range I think as they all come with the intellilink system. There will be an audio jack in there too. The powerflex bar with the phone holder is just there to charge the phone and doesn't connect to the infotainment system.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
M1chaelR said:
Odd that he'd say that, it's standard across the whole range I think as they all come with the intellilink system. There will be an audio jack in there too. The powerflex bar with the phone holder is just there to charge the phone and doesn't connect to the infotainment system.
Great thank you.
Don't think he was very up to speed with the car to be honest. Age wise, he looked like he was knocking on retirement. Maybe not down with the kids!
Good job the car sold itself. He certainly didn't sell it!

G

·
No problem! Haha maybe, you can get some people that just aren't interested even though they're selling you the product! Glad you weren't put off though. Happily you have a shorter wait than a lot of people here too, myself included!

·
Registered
280 Posts
To be honest, the salesman at my dealer wasn't too familiar with the car.

But to be fair, he normally deals with used cars and I wanted to deal with him as I have used him in the past. He was very honest about not knowing about the car, but it was his suggestion that I took a look at a new one rather than a 6 month old J. That has to be the best advice I have ever had on a car :cool:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I picked a colour/spec that was already built. Just needs registering and delivering. He wants to get it on the March order for their sales target. Got a pretty good end of the month deal.

Nice one MarcR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts