Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collected my car this morning.

Was wondering how it would compare to my Insignia 2.0 CDTI 160. Was a bit worried that the drop in engine size and power would be an issue.

Have to say that the Astra feels much more punchy and loads quicker (haven't even pressed the sports button yet!). I might be wrong, but seems way more responsive!

I also noticed loads of people looking at me as I drove along, so it has kerb appeal as well.

Love the road sign on the display. I drive to a lot of places that I don't know, so this is going to be really good for me.

For those of you waiting for yours, it is going to be worth the wait!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Cornish,

Sorry meant to say speed signs!

Haven't looked to see what tyres are fitted, presume they are Michelins? prefer Continental's myself! How long you had your car? If not long, that might be reason why grip isn't fuuly there yet?

·
Registered
856 Posts
cornishtaz said:
I was really impressed with the 1.6cdti 136bhp think the weight loss helps. Not impressed with the tyres though they spin in 2nd if pushed.

What signs have you seen only ever had speed signs come up.
Hi

I've had a P for parking and a picture that looks a bit like a cathedral appear on mine. I think most of the time the speed sign is given precedence over all the others hence you only seem to see the speed limit ones.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will take a look at what tyres are fitted tomorrow and let you know.

Could be another thread coming on if they are different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts