Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've had the software update to cure the fuel gauge fault, is it now reading reliably?

I filled the car up after leaving the dealers, and the gauge showed full. The app showed 48 litres which ties in with this (although it still showed 91%). However, after 76 miles at a displayed 47.7mpg it was reading 3/4 full (app showing 39 litres, 74%), and today after 169 miles at a displayed 46.5mpg it shows 1/2 full (app showing 27 litres 52%). So it looks like the gauge is still under-reading.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi Iv noticed the reading on the App and the actual car readings never ever seem to correspond with each other.Iv not had the update and by what you say after the update will it ever be 100%

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lock-N said:
Hi Iv noticed the reading on the App and the actual car readings never ever seem to correspond with each other.Iv not had the update and by what you say after the update will it ever be 100%
Before the update the percentage the app gave seemed to tally with the fuel gauge, but it was wrong. It now seems that the gauge is still at 3/4 and 1/2 full mirroring the app, which still seems to think the tank is 52 litres, rather than the advertised 48 litres.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just a quick update, just filled the tank since the update and both the gauge and app state full so the update has worked for me. I hope it does for you all.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi Iv not had the update but today filled up and the Onstar app showing same as the car computer so is working.Its the my Vauxhall app that Iv been using that's not working it's showing fuel range 315mls. 76% The Onstar showing 425mls 100% so I thought mine was off.Its not its working fine so my mistake.I won't be using my Vauxhall app as its not very reliable

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I've not had the update as my dealer keeps saying my car isn't affected so I've got Vauxhall Head Office involved.

For me the My Vauxhall App and Onstar website both read the same but read approx 6ltrs higher than the fuel gauge.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Mine was cooked in Poland but when I told them I was aware of the problem they admitted there was a software update to correct the fuel gauge inaccuracy, you may want to stop by another dealership.

·
Registered
770 Posts
OK, I've not had the update yet as both my local dealers say that the patch isn't available yet - HOWEVER, I filled up at Sainsbury's the other day with super unleaded and it looked like the dial was down to about 1/8 missing when it should have been full.
Tonight on my way home I filled up at Tesco's with Momentum 99 unleaded and after 2 clicks, the fuel gauge was reading almost full! The needle was ever so slightly just under the full indicator! :?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the update a few weeks ago. Previous to this, the dial in the car would rarely go to the maximum position and if it did, 1 mile away from the forecourt it would be quite a way below. Since the update, the gauge in car behaves as expected; shows full when the tank is full and the needle falls in line with fuel usage and in line with the My Vauxhall app.

Also, my dealer (Lookers - Selly Oak, Birmingham) did not even question when I said there was an update on the system for this specific problem. To be honest, it would take a 100+ mile house move to stop me using this dealership. They are really, really good, proactive, too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Rapster said:
[...] there was an update on the system for this specific problem [...]
Do you have any reference number or any other kind of info regarding the fuel gauge update?
(i need to ask very specific at my dealer for this kind of updated because they check only after VIN... where this small updates are not published)

·
Registered
856 Posts
SMS2 said:
Rapster said:
[...] there was an update on the system for this specific problem [...]
Do you have any reference number or any other kind of info regarding the fuel gauge update?
(i need to ask very specific at my dealer for this kind of updated because they check only after VIN... where this small updates are not published)
Hi

Try this thread
http://www.astrakforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=705

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
My fuel gauge is still inaccurate and gives very little confidence in how much fuel is left. It reads full when filled as per the manual but as the level drops things get weird.

Readings after 1/2 tank

After 3/4 tank

After 7/8 of tank

It appears that 1st 1/2 drops alot quicker and I get less mileage than the 2nd 1/2. The car was in Tuesday and all I got told was all the software was upto date. I'll be going back with photographic evidence.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mine drops the 1st half alot quicker than the second. My last car was opposite way round so guess it might be to do with the shape of the tank. Just lucky you can get over 500 miles to a tank. I've not even seen 300 miles to a tank yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts