Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some posts about specific oil filters and oils but I'm not 100% sure on my engine number. I have a 2016 astra 1.4t 150hp engine and I have been supplied with the following as parts to do a oil change. Can anyone confirm these are the correct parts? Looks like the filter is good, but there is no gm part number on the oil, its seems slightly different although its still dexos 1 gen 2...

I'm conscious the parts are correct as the engine seems prone to LSPI so just making sure it's 100% the correct stuff!

Font Material property Publication Paper Gadget

Hand Finger Material property Font Packaging and labeling

Food Font Material property Gas Ingredient

Font Gas Electronic device Gadget Peripheral

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Bought from a dealer ?
ok just done some more research and i would say that Vx have changed oil suppliers,
and bearing in mind who owns them, not surprisingly to Total,
the part number is the one on the can1684530380 it looks fine to me.
The oil filter is ok

for sale here

Reactions: Shaky and Boroboy

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
For anyone looking,all oil filter info here:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought from a dealer ?
ok just done some more research and i would say that Vx have changed oil suppliers,
and bearing in mind who owns them, not surprisingly to Total,
the part number is the one on the can1684530380 it looks fine to me.
The oil filter is ok

for sale here
Yeah straight from the dealer. Thanks for confirming 👍

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
£37.39 plus vat from a dealer, brand new sealed for 5l.
Good price. (y) Think I paid a tad more for the Old branded GM stuff off the bay a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
The price sounds shocking to me ☕ ☕
but then i bought my last couple of cases of D1G2 from my dealer a while back for less than £15 a can

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
but then i bought my last couple of cases of D1G2 from my dealer a while back for less than £15 a can
Actually, my memory wasn't too good (no surprise there then :ROFLMAO: ) as I've just looked and although nowhere near as cheap as Valer paid, it cost me £60 for two 5L cans. I know prices have gone crazy as I remember seeing nearly £50 (after discount) for some from ECP :eek:

Reactions: Ulcer and Valer

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Dunno how good it is but I've just seen THIS on eBay which seems a decent price at just over £21 for 5L 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi valer.

Do you know what size socket or torx adaptor I need for the sump plug on my asttra 1.4 150bhp? Plus any other tools to remove undertrays etc when changing oil?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
What torque does it need to be on re-assembly?
Did i waste my time posting this link on post 5 of the thread ? 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
You did answer my original post before posting about the topic so had no reason to look...maybe it should be renamed to 'oil change details' rather than 'oil filter locations' for clarity to others? That way anyone searching in the future will know it contains all the details.

Not being difficult, just making it easier for others in the future!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts