Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that so far the only variants of Astra K we seem to have on here are SRi and Elite models. Is anyone out there buying Design, Techline or Energy spec cars? I know Techline is mainly being aimed at the fleet market. I'm sure both dealers I visited had Energy spec cars in the showroom, and the Design has just won the What Car award, but is anyone actually buying them?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think it is most likely that the reason for this is that most people that use car forums are car enthusiasts and most people in this category of car buyers will buy a car with a decent spec level such as the sri or elite.

Also from what I've read on the car you get so much more for your money when buying one of these models so its a bit of a no brainer in my opinion.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Design and Techline do seem quite good value for the spec. The Energy model is very poor value as just adds the £345 WinterPack and upgrades the wheels to 17" yet costs £2,000.

The SRi adds OnStar, the Driver Assistance Pack, alarm and several more minor features for around £2,600 as well as allowing other optional extras like Intellilux which make it reasonably attractive for those who appreciate the technology but it's not a cheap upgrade and the Elite is even more.

In the past Vauxhall have offered some really good deals on special editions - we got a brand new Zafira with lifetime warranty a couple of years above for around £11,000 but had to take the model as it came, silver, no options, etc. I suspect it's too early for Vauxhall to do that on the new Astra K yet, but not doubt that will boost sales of lower end models eventually.

I suspect though that the odd bunch of us on this forum are enthusiasts or at least, not typical buyers. CornishTaz and Razormatt obviously love theirs mods and upgrades which make great reading and many of us appreciate the technology in the new Astra and have done a lot of research online. I suspect people buying the plain Design model are far less likely to trawl the Internet and discover this great forum, so we must be self-selecting to a degree.

Just reading this forum has no doubt persuaded many of us to go for extra upgrade too. It's useful hearing about the benefits from others.

It would be awesome to actually meet up and put a face to a name. I suspect we've got a wide range of ages and backgrounds ranging from boy racers to retired folk.

The enthusiasm and friendliness is just great though. Keep it up everybody.

·
Registered
495 Posts
This is a great forum I imagine that the people on here come from many different back grounds, huge age catchment and from far and wide across the country as well as a few that live outside the uk

Compared to when I joined back in September when I ordered my car there have been many new members joined especially over the last two months

I must admit we seem to have mainly the SRI in red but maybe that's just because they are such a good deal for what you get

Personally I have always had the Sri spec Including mk4 Sri and Sri turbo, mk5 Sri and mk6 gtc Sri and fancied a change and few more creature comforts so went for the elite

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi. I've recently ordered a 1.4t auto petrol 150 in Emerald Green. It's also got the winter pack and parking assist. We also have a 1.7 cdti Mokka 4x4. The Astra will replace our 1.4 Corsa. The Mokka will be my work car as I do a lot of miles while the Astra will double as the wife's and the recreation vehicle.

I was amazed at how good the new Astra is and reasonably priced for the amount if kit it's got. Looking forward to swapping info on the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts