Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one help with the IPhone Bluetooth .If I turn Bluetooth on before I switch on ignition it works fine both pair no problem but if I turn on the ignition befor turning on Bluetooth on the phone it never works.Iv got to go into the phones settings then tap on the Bluetooth to get the connection.I can turn of ignition lock the car and when I go back to it.As long as Iv not turned the phones Bluetooth of it connects no problem without setting it up again it's only when I start the car if handset Bluetooth setting is not on I have to go into the main settings to get it connected

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Yes it's the Intellilink.Mine is in Garage tomorrow to get the Turbo Badge fitted.They have also booked it in for health check so I'll ask if there's an update and hope it's cured and thanks for the help

·
Registered
280 Posts
This isn't a fault, was the same on my Insignia and my wife's Mokka is also the same. It is the same for both my iPhone and my Samsung S4.

I was told that the system was designed that way to make you turn on the Bluetooth before you start the car. In theory picking up a phone to activate Bluetooth whilst driving would constitute using a mobile device whilst driving and leave you open to prosecution if caught.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks it's a pain in the neck remembering to turn on befor ignition But if it's like you say I'll just have to get the hang of turning on before setting of Cheers

·
Registered
280 Posts
Lock-N said:
Thanks it's a pain in the neck remembering to turn on befor ignition But if it's like you say I'll just have to get the hang of turning on before setting of Cheers
The other option is to leave bluetooth switched off and connect with USB cable, which you can leave in the car.

·
Registered
360 Posts
It would never occur to me to turn Bluetooth off. I have an Apple Watch which relies on Bluetooth but also use it with speakers at home.

Just leave it on all the time. It will use little power when idle but streaming audio can drain the battery a bit.

I use my iPhone heavily so usually plug it in via USB when I drive to/from work to keep it topped up. I use Bluetooth for shorter journeys and love the way it connects and resumes audio automatically.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think I also experienced the issue where the Bluetooth wouldn't reconnect until the ignition was turned off. And this was on an Android device. I am going to play with it a bit more and report back.

·
Registered
280 Posts
UKtekkie said:
It would never occur to me to turn Bluetooth off. I have an Apple Watch which relies on Bluetooth but also use it with speakers at home.

Just leave it on all the time. It will use little power when idle but streaming audio can drain the battery a bit.

I use my iPhone heavily so usually plug it in via USB when I drive to/from work to keep it topped up. I use Bluetooth for shorter journeys and love the way it connects and resumes audio automatically.
That's what I do to be honest! It's much less hassle.

·
Registered
411 Posts
^^^ what they said^^^

My Samsung automatically logs in to the car's the Bluetooth (and wifi) as soon as I'm in range - there's a chime to confirm it when the car starts up.

The fact that the list of cars that it could pair with is now huge is a minor point, and shouldn't be a problem for those who haven't paired up with about 20 cars to demonstrate the system.

Font Rectangle Screenshot Electronic device Technology

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
So I have played with it a few times and the Bluetooth connected with no problems before starting up and after starting up. It also reconnected with no problems after being disconnected with the engine running.

However, this afternoon, I turned off the Bluetooth on my phone with the engine running and it would not reconnect. The only way it would reconnect is when I turned the engine off. I cannot work out what was different this time around.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi check page 1 MarcR has explained why this is.He has had previous knowledge on the Bluetooth connection that I thought was a fault.Its not .Just refer to MarcRs reply Sorted Thank you MarcR

·
Registered
331 Posts
Unfortunately it doesn't actually explain why it connects sometimes whilst the engine is running and not others. If it was designed so that you cannot connect whilst the engine is running, it should do so 100% of the time. Most times it will connect whilst the engine is running, but sometimes not.... it would indicate a glitch to me...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can only think that when you start the vehicle the Bluetooth in the car goes into pairing mode as like a Bluetooth headset etc...., it could just be that during the engine running you disconnect the Bluetooth then put it on maybe 5 mins later the car had stopped pairing mode/searching like a normal phone would?

if the car was in continuous pairing mode/search mode it would be picking up tom dick harry and Ezmarelldas phones on your journey, and would probably start trying to connect to them, i would recommend connecting via cable most of the time unless a short journey, Bluetooth is still a fancy gimmick these days in certain markets, what i would love to see is a wireless pad in say the armrest so you can charge your phone now that would be good to have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have another slight issue which I'm hoping someone can help. I have an iPhone 8plus, bluetooth is switched on the phone, and automatically connects to the car so I can make and receive phone calls no problem. The only issue is, that the bluetooth app on the dashboard shows on my dash, but won't let me click into it, (like it's not lit up) and I can't play podcast/music on there. Is there anything I can do to change this?

I'd appreciate it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.