Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all ,, does anyone know what bulb is in the astra k interior lights ? want to order some brighter leds but not sure what tonorder

thanks in advance

·
Registered
331 Posts
oldskool said:
not sure what to order
If you do work out what bulbs to order, please share what you bought and where. Also, how well they work etc. It could be really helpful info to have if anyone else wants to change their interior bulbs

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
mscott4 said:
hi
how easy are they to fit? is it a case of just swapping the bulbs over?
thanks
Astra 1.4i Turbo 150 SRI
Ordered a set of these off of Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00YDSR7AG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They work quite well and add a nice white light to the interior of the car and boot. Don't try and use them though to replace the bulbs for the License Plate, unfortunately throw a CANBUS error on the car when fitted (currently got a request sitting open with the seller to see if they can rectify this issue).

Fitting wise, it is relatively easy. Just need to use a thin nose Flat Screwdriver to pop the white cover off where the bulbs are and then remove the old bulbs. The new bulbs will only fit in a certain way one side of the bulb leg is thinner than the other. Once fitted, just pop the cover back on and should be good to go (though please note, the new LEDs I linked are slightly longer than the old bulbs but will still fit in quite nicely). Just be careful when doing the back two bulbs in the roof, accidentally popped the whole assembly out when trying to replace the bulbs.

·
Registered
216 Posts
mscott4 said:
does anyone that changed their interior lights have pictures?
I'll provided some pictures tonight when I get home to show how the LEDs look in the car.

·
Registered
391 Posts
mscott4 said:
does anyone that changed their interior lights have pictures?
Before and after:

Front:
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Fixture

Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Automotive tail & brake light

Vehicle Gadget Gas Personal luxury car Family car

Rear:
Automotive lighting Fixture Automotive exterior Material property Automotive design

Automotive lighting Automotive fog light Font Automotive exterior Tints and shades

Boot:
Automotive lighting Font Tints and shades Rectangle Jewellery

Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Grey Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Pictures attached of LEDs in action I linked before from Amazon

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
EvilScotsman said:
Used the same set off Amazon on my '68 plate, very pleased with the result. Shame they didn't work on our Ibiza (MY14). I'm having a little bit of a struggle (probably more being very cautious) with the boot light. How do you remove it and get the light to switch off?

Is it just a case of using a small flat headed screw driver / plastic pry bar around the edges?

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts