Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might sound a weird one ...

But has anyone else got a noise inside the car that sounds like an aeroplane is low above the car??

I picked the car up last night but only noticed it tonight. I live directly under the flight path for Liverpool airport so shrugged it off as that, but after taking the car out just now I've noticed it again.

It sounds like a plane is pretty low above the car and when driving, it sounds like it's coming from the rear of the car. I tried turning the radio louder (I have the volume between 12-17) but the noise is still noticeable.

Has anyone else had/got this or is it just me??

·
Registered
74 Posts
As you know acoustic pack is removed by vauxhall from 2016.5 models. .What is your car model ? It may related with this change i guess.

My 2016 model has also cabin noise but it is not too much as you describe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1.4 Sri. I'm guessing it will be 2016.5 as it was only built 2 weeks ago

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sully93 said:
1.4 Sri. I'm guessing it will be 2016.5 as it was only built 2 weeks ago
I can also recommend that to change yout tyre with comfort base one. Specially if bridgestone is fitted; you will have a more fluid and silent drive after replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I'am Bremmo from the German Astra-K Forum. Sorry for my poor English, I slept to much in school ;)

To the topic: I have exactly the same noise as described above with my 2016 SRi on 1.0 Engine on 16 inch winter-tires.

I asked the other members on astra-k.de about that noise and no one noticed a noisy behaviour in the K.

It starts with 80km/h and other passengers in my car found it irritating, too.

I think also, it comes from the back. I would bet, it's the spoiler, or this black wings sided by the boot.

Next month I'll change to my summer-tires and I'll hope the noise will be gone far away from my car as you mentioned.

My dealer only shrug for the shoulders and can't help me out of it.

Greetz from Opel-Country

Bremmo

·
Registered
331 Posts
Sully93 - have you checked the tyre pressures? Sometimes the wrong pressure can change the noise level that you hear inside the car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
drey_p said:
Sully93 - have you checked the tyre pressures? Sometimes the wrong pressure can change the noise level that you hear inside the car.
Sorry late reply!

Yeah, checked all pressures. all are the same, apart from one being out by 1psi.

Weirdly, I've not noticed it anymore! Whether it's still there but I've got used to it or it has disappeared is another story!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.