Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
southfort said:
d-iivil said:
Folks at Intellilinkmods.co.uk were helpful. Already ordered my VXDiag tool and I should be able to do the upgrade myself with the help from Intellilinkmods. Once the update is done, I'll send an email to the dealer and ask my 60€ back...
Hi d-iivil,

I have Opel Astra K produced in May 2016 and it lacks for Android Auto functionality.

I also live in Finland (capital region) and local car dealer asks for 300€ to do Navi 900 firmware update to enable Android Auto.

I'm thinking to go your way instead.

Could you share your status and experience with upgrading Navi 900 by yourself?

And would be total cost for it?
Got mine updated yesterday with the help from Intellilinkmods.co.uk. I can highly recommend the service! Update process took ~45minutes including downloading all things.

For the update process I had to purchase VXDiag Nano programming device, install it to my laptop and then allow remote control access to the guys at Intellilinkmods. They took it from there.

If you live nearby Tampere, I can borrow my VXDiag so you don't have to buy one yourself.

Cost for the update was 72 pounds including VAT.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Plant Audio equipment

Gps navigation device Plant Automotive navigation system Automotive design Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
d-iivil said:
Got mine updated yesterday with the help from Intellilinkmods.co.uk. I can highly recommend the service! Update process took ~45minutes including downloading all things.

For the update process I had to purchase VXDiag Nano programming device, install it to my laptop and then allow remote control access to the guys at Intellilinkmods. They took it from there.

If you live nearby Tampere, I can borrow my VXDiag so you don't have to buy one yourself.

Hi d-iivil,

Good to hear you have managed!

Thank you for the option but I live quite far from Tampere, so I have to order VXDiag Nano at https://www.obd2shop.co.uk/.

How many days did the shipping take and what shipping type did you choose (free or express)?

·
Registered
8 Posts
mrtailorson_ said:
congrats @d-iivil :)

though i wonder, wouldn't it have been cheaper just to do at the dealer's? that is unless of course you might want to do any prospective headunit updates.
Dealer was not able to do it, they didn't know how to do it. Plus their price would have been higher in case they managed to do the update (they estimated 200 eur).

·
Registered
1 Posts
d-iivil said:
southfort said:
d-iivil said:
Folks at Intellilinkmods.co.uk were helpful. Already ordered my VXDiag tool and I should be able to do the upgrade myself with the help from Intellilinkmods. Once the update is done, I'll send an email to the dealer and ask my 60€ back...
Hi d-iivil,

I have Opel Astra K produced in May 2016 and it lacks for Android Auto functionality.

I also live in Finland (capital region) and local car dealer asks for 300€ to do Navi 900 firmware update to enable Android Auto.

IMG_20210607_214418.jpg
IMG_20210607_225032.jpg
Hi,
How you managed to connect the Vxdiag to the car? , is it OK to install on laptop with windows 10? And if u still have the device do you want to sell it.?

Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Astraeus said:
d-iivil said:
southfort said:
Hi d-iivil,

IMG_20210607_214418.jpg
IMG_20210607_225032.jpg
Hi,
How you managed to connect the Vxdiag to the car? , is it OK to install on laptop with windows 10? And if u still have the device do you want to sell it.?

Thank you
I have Windows 10 laptop. The guy from Intellilinkmods installed all required softwares and drivers remotely during the process.

I still have the device, but don't want to sell it in case I need it myself in the future :)

61 - 67 of 67 Posts