41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
welderchon said:
Which is the new HMI for Opel Astra?
I dont actually know if the new units have names like R4.0 and Intellilink 900

But they are new units, should be snappier, due to faster processors.

But the thing is...They are not compatible with your car, the connectors are different. I think someone talked about a converter cable, but probably not worth it unless the old unit dies completely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all!

I have early 2016 Astra K with Navi 900. The Navi doesn't have Android auto and based on this forum I though my local Opel / Vauxhall dealer would be able to update the software.

I took the car there yesterday, but they gave the car back saying I already have latest version in my unit. Here's how my Firmware looks like (attached). In my understanding there should be way newer firmwares out there than the one I have (dated back to 2015/09).

Any good advices what I should tell the dealer? They already robbed me 60€ just for checking that they don't have any updates available :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I dont have the navi 900, but your firmware looks to be 2015, which fits very good with the missing android auto.

I would take it back, and demand they either refund you the money or upgrade the firmware.

You could contact intellilinkmods on here, he will probably atleast know what the latest firmware is.

If you can go to the dealer and say "There is a firmware version X for this unit, this is what i want installed" that would help.

Or get the 60 pounds back and have intellilinkmods do the upgrade, if the tossers at vauxhall is unable to do it ;)

·
Registered
802 Posts
d-iivil said:
I took the car there yesterday, but they gave the car back saying I already have latest version in my unit.
Not true. They just don't know how to do it...

d-iivil said:
Any good advices what I should tell the dealer? They already robbed me 60€ just for checking that they don't have any updates available :D
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: You have been stolen, for sure!

·
Registered
8 Posts
astramaster said:
d-iivil said:
I took the car there yesterday, but they gave the car back saying I already have latest version in my unit.
Not true. They just don't know how to do it...

d-iivil said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: You have been stolen, for sure!
Welcome to Finland... Official dealers are same as legalized robbery.

Any ideas how to move forward with this? I would like to get the HMI updated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 2016 SRi Nav went into my local dealer yesterday to have Android Auto installed as it didn't come with it when I got it last week. The dealer did say at first they didn't think it was possible but managed to do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
astraowner said:
I dont have the navi 900, but your firmware looks to be 2015, which fits very good with the missing android auto.

I would take it back, and demand they either refund you the money or upgrade the firmware.

You could contact intellilinkmods on here, he will probably atleast know what the latest firmware is.

If you can go to the dealer and say "There is a firmware version X for this unit, this is what i want installed" that would help.

Or get the 60 pounds back and have intellilinkmods do the upgrade, if the tossers at vauxhall is unable to do it ;)
Thanks for the tip! I'll contact Intellinkmods and see if they can provide me with something I could tell the dealer here. Unfortunately getting my unit updated directly with Intellinkmods is a bit tricky, since I live in another country :D

Once I get 100% confirmation that the unit indeed IS updatable, I'll demand my 60€ back from the dealer for sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Folks at Intellilinkmods.co.uk were helpful. Already ordered my VXDiag tool and I should be able to do the upgrade myself with the help from Intellilinkmods. Once the update is done, I'll send an email to the dealer and ask my 60€ back...

·
Registered
802 Posts
d-iivil said:
Folks at Intellilinkmods.co.uk were helpful. Already ordered my VXDiag tool and I should be able to do the upgrade myself with the help from Intellilinkmods. Once the update is done, I'll send an email to the dealer and ask my 60€ back...
The dealer will simply say that your car was designed for Windows XP and that you installed a pirated version of Windows 10 and that this procedure is not even authorized by Opel. It will also add that you were left with no warranty, and may even go so far as to say that you have lost the warranty on the entire car.

In fact, they don't know how to do it.
But the procedure is made possible by Opel and with "clear" instructions for dealers, they just need to be diligent. ;)

The € 60 will hardly be refunded. But I hope so, it would be fair.

·
Registered
8 Posts
astramaster said:
d-iivil said:
The dealer will simply say that your car was designed for Windows XP and that you installed a pirated version of Windows 10 and that this procedure is not even authorized by Opel. It will also add that you were left with no warranty, and may even go so far as to say that you have lost the warranty on the entire car.

But the procedure is made possible by Opel and with "clear" instructions for dealers, they just need to be diligent. ;)

Yep, I know the odds are thin 😄 Does anyone have the official instruction on how the dealer should do the update? I could send them those while asking my money back.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
d-iivil said:
Yep, I know the odds are thin 😄 Does anyone have the official instruction on how the dealer should do the update? I could send them those while asking my money back.
Havent seen the actual procedure for the Navi 900, but i know that for R4.0 it is

1. Make USB stick with image, downloaded from Vauxhall servers.
2. Put stick into USB socket and turn key to ignition.
3. Wait until the update is finished.
4. Screen will be upside down and show Chevrolet logo
5. Connect diagnostic equipment to the OBD port and select HMI variant coding

The most outrageous part here is that while Vauxhall on the one side, selects to make the upgrade procedure, one that you can not do yourself, while at the same time, not demanding that the workshops know how to do this.

The number one feature i will require in future cars is that the firmware of the car, and all modules can be updated either over the air, via wifi or via downloaded firmware on a usb stick.

Most importantly....It should be free of charge....It is not fair to sell people a product and then make them pay to have the errors you put into the firmware, rectified.

·
Registered
802 Posts
d-iivil said:
Does anyone have the official instruction on how the dealer should do the update? I could send them those while asking my money back.
Here: https://www.astrakforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=705&start=30#p6501

ArcanumFox said:
Below is the general procedure required.

Software Update Steps:

- No VCI Code needed.
- Technican covers daylight sensor on vehicle (important step to prevent software crashes). Technician can test this by putting headlights on auto mode and covering sensor. If the display dims and lights come on it is covered properly.
- Program K74 HMI (Touch screen)
- Program A11 (Radio Unit)
- Program P16 (Instrument Panel Cluster - only with RPO code UDD. This is for the Uplevel Information Display on Navi900 models).
- Read fault codes and delete them.

It is important to note the programming must be done in this order or else it may cause software bugs/issues.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Drove down to Newcastle from Glasgow, had the update and reverse cam fitted £100 all is fine not noticed any difference really, I do now have a option for WiFi in the settings that wasnt there before

·
Registered
80 Posts
astramaster said:
d-iivil said:

Nothing pirated on our end, all genuine software, using official licensed tooling and techniques. The procedure does not effect your warranty.

We are a VAT registered business.

·
Registered
802 Posts
IntellilinkMods said:
Nothing pirated on our end, all genuine software, using official licensed tooling and techniques. The procedure does not effect your warranty.

We are a VAT registered business.
I know that. For sure. ;) ;)
But the dealer will give him an answer like I said. Going a bet? :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
d-iivil said:
Hi d-iivil,

I have Opel Astra K produced in May 2016 and it lacks for Android Auto functionality.

I also live in Finland (capital region) and local car dealer asks for 300€ to do Navi 900 firmware update to enable Android Auto.

I'm thinking to go your way instead.

Could you share your status and experience with upgrading Navi 900 by yourself?

And would be total cost for it?

41 - 60 of 67 Posts