Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I seen to have a rather odd issue with my car today. None of the dials on the instrument panel are working!!

When switching the engine on loads of warnings come up, and when driving the engine says it's off, speed is always showing 0, showing no petrol, none of the screens work eg shows no oil no mpg etc.

I called on star who did a diagnostic and said everything looked fine!!

Has anyone else seen this issue?

I've turned the engine off / taken the key out / opened door / made sure everything switched off but on restating the engine same thing happens.

:(

Speedometer Odometer Vehicle Tachometer Car
Speedometer Vehicle Car Tachometer Gauge
Automotive design Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Audio equipment Camera accessory
Vehicle Automotive design Car Personal luxury car Gadget
Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Gadget Technology
Automotive design Gadget Camera accessory Audio equipment Personal luxury car
Automotive design Camera accessory Vehicle Personal luxury car Gadget

Attachments

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Ooh, that's a new one. Have you had chance to leave it a while to see if it resets? If not try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've managed to drive home. Will check it again in the morning see if it resets after being left alone for a while.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK so it seems that after leaving the car overnight everything seems to be working again. Really strange issue though, if it happens again I'll be taking it to the garage, only had it a week! Be interesting to know if anyone else gets this or similar...

·
Registered
83 Posts
snowy said:
OK so it seems that after leaving the car overnight everything seems to be working again. Really strange issue though, if it happens again I'll be taking it to the garage, only had it a week! Be interesting to know if anyone else gets this or similar...
It's all just run by a computer and we all know they need to be rebooted now and then.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm pretty sure all of the warnings being displayed is reminiscent of when I got my IPC replaced on my Astra J. When the tech reprogrammed it all of the warnings popped up. I'd say if it popped up again definitely take it to the dealer. If your IPC isn't working it's probably illegal, meaning the dealer should probably investigate it rather than fobbing you off. The least they can do is attempt to reprogram it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I've just got back from a weeks holiday so the cars had a good rest. Have done another 250 miles in it over the bank holiday weekend and all seems fine now. If it does reoccur it'll be straight up the garage, and I'll be sure to update this post.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi I'm new to this forum. Bought my Astra at the end of January.

The same happened with mine this morning. It's now with the dealer for the rest of the day and tomorrow too for them to investigate. The instruments started working again when I started it up this lunchtime but even so I have left it with them to look into it. Also the Infotainment display has gone off about 3 times so I have asked them to have a look at that as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Yorkshiremonkey. Welcome to the forum!

I'd certainly be interested to know what Vauxhall say when you get it back! Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you :)

Got the car back yesterday. They couldn't find the cause. Not even any fault codes flagged up.

It's going back on the 23rd of this month and the dealer shall have it for a day or two to look over it again. Not holding my breath in all honesty.

Hoping it was just a one-off.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hi

Mines just done this today. Think a visit to the dealer is in order this afternoon.

20 minutes later and its all back to normal again. Will monitor and if it does it again will take it straight round to the dealer.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello all,

Well this is the story.
My Astra did the same thing yesterday. Initially I thought the engine was off with all dials not working and an array of warning lights and error messages on the OBC.
Drove as is to dealers and after an hour car came out and this is what they said :
WE CARRIED OUT DIAGNOSTIC TESTS AND THERE WAS NO COMMUNICATION BETWEEN CONTROL MODULE AND CAN BUS CONTROL MODULE. System was reset and all systems now operating normally "

I asked what the cause was and they don't even know.
Asked whether it might occur again. They can't guarantee that.

By the way the irritating front rattling noise is still there after three unsuccessful attempts by the dealer.

I have covered nearly 6000km and I hate the car as much, regret having bought an opel. With the money paid I could have bought another are with less problems.

By the way, do I have any legal rights in returning the car. I bought it in Ireland?

Thanks for your feedback

·
Registered
331 Posts
Opastra said:
With the money paid I could have bought another are with less problems.
Unfortunately there is no guarantee of that. You could have been really unlucky and ended up with a car from a different manufacturer that had even more problems.

My partner had an issue with a rattle / vibration from the front the moment it was driven off the forecourt. We went straight back to the dealer who got a technician to look at it. He couldn't find any specific that was causing the issue, but he did loosen up a few panels and tighten them up again and the noise has gone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Still the same rattling noise from the front. Four attempts by the dealer to get it fixed and rattling noise still there.

Back to the issue of the instrument panel. Surprised to find out that dealer does not know what caused the issue.

Unfortunate to have bought an Astra, with the same money I could have bought a better car.
This is definitely my last Opel.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well this happened to me the other day called onstar and they ran a diagnostic told me to turn it off and back on and all was ok went out this afternoon and all was working fine came out of McDonald's with the kids and has happened again called onstar the guy on the other end was pretty much useless said as far as he was concerned the car is fine and told me to contact Vauxhall tomorrow

Just been back out to the car after 20 minutes and all is fine again

Will give the dealers a call tomorrow but by the sounds of things it doesn't log the problems so they won't be able to find anything but will report back when I know more

1 - 20 of 32 Posts