Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been using Bluetooth quite happily, mainly to play music.
Today, my phone was trying to connect to the car, but just couldn't.
Tried turning the car unit off and on, but no improvement.
Going into config, I thought I would try deleting my device and re-pairing from scratch. However, it won't let me delete any device. It will ask to confirm the delete request, then just not respond after I click 'yes', until I press a button to go away to another screen.
I cannot add a new device and apparently I have the max number of devices already.

Digging around in config, I found 'factory settings', so tried that. Very quickly it confirms 'factory values set' (something like that) - but nothing has changed at all. All my devices still listed, still refusing to let me phone connect.

All in all, I cannot think what has changed since yesterday when it was all working perfectly, and today when nothing.

If anyone has any ideas .... ?
Many thanks

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Pull the fuse for the infotainment to do a "cold boot".

When the radio "turns off" all it really does is turn off the screen, sound and so on, it never actually reboots as it is still powered.

Find the appropriate fuse behind the cubby hole or powerflex bar and pull it. Instruction book should say which one it is, pull it and confirm that the radio is "dead". Wait 30 seconds and reconnect the fuse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks!
Initially after pulling fuses, I saw that my radio presets and phone devices were all still there - so I assumed no change.
But, I was suddenly able to delete phones from the device list, and after that reconnect my phone.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pull the fuse for the infotainment to do a "cold boot".

When the radio "turns off" all it really does is turn off the screen, sound and so on, it never actually reboots as it is still powered.

Find the appropriate fuse behind the cubby hole or powerflex bar and pull it. Instruction book should say which one it is, pull it and confirm that the radio is "dead". Wait 30 seconds and reconnect the fuse.
Which fuse is for infotainment system?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts