Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have had the incorrect fuel gauge reading software update. Has it sorted the problem?

Is there any chance of some more information on this update. Is there a technical service bulletin number for the update?

I've been to my dealer who has said no update available, so I contacted Vauxhall HQ for more information. I got a call back today stating that their technical dept. have looked into the issue and that there is no software update been issued for this problem on the Astra K, the only update that's on the system for this fault is for the Astra J.

The concern is for those that have had an update done is it the correct software thats been uploaded as the Astra J has a bigger fuel tank.

Any info or help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
As I've posted elsewhere I've had the update done, and the gauge does now read full with 48 litres in the tank. However, the gauge still reads low through the rest of the range.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1900sr said:
As I've posted elsewhere I've had the update done, and the gauge does now read full with 48 litres in the tank. However, the gauge still reads low through the rest of the range.
Do you have any info on the update. Seeing as Vaux Tech HQ aren't even aware of it

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Can't really tell you anything I'm afraid. I'd reported my problem to the dealer ages ago and was waiting to hear what the cure was (they'd already changed the sender in the tank). I saw Arcanum Fox's post last month saying there was an upgrade available while we were away. Once I got back I popped in to see the guy on the service desk of the dealership who was dealing with me. He confirmed they'd had an email about the update, dug back and found the email they'd had from VX. He double checked my VIN against the email, and booked me in. It took about an hour or so to do I think.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
He posted this a while back, in case you missed it "Tell the dealer that they need to 'SPS/Program your Instrument Panel Cluster with the latest software available on TIS2WEB'. If the front desk don't know what you're on about you're at the wrong car dealership. The Service Staff simply have to type 'Astra K' into our technical/answer finding page and it's literally the 4th fault report down and it tells them and the technician what to do to fix this fuel gauge issue."

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Otherwise you could take a road trip to Spalding in Lincolnshire, get Taylors to sort it ;)

Having said that, as I'm not convinced the software has really cured it I wouldn't worry just yet.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1900sr said:
Otherwise you could take a road trip to Spalding in Lincolnshire, get Taylors to sort it ;)

Having said that, as I'm not convinced the software has really cured it I wouldn't worry just yet.
Think I'll get it booked in for investigation it might hurry things along for a proper fix

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
That's probably the best thing to do, I've let my dealer know I'm still having problems. I'm also talking to Onstar via email as the app and web portal are still both reporting incorrect percentages, mind you talking to them is like pulling teeth.

·
Registered
856 Posts
cornishtaz said:
Yep seen that and passed the info onto my dealer and Vaux HQ with no luck. Hopefully arcanumfox will see my PM
Hi

I've passed the same details to my dealer but not heard anything back.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
770 Posts
I need to get mine booked in for the squeaky low speed steering noise so I'll ask again about it. My dealer knows there is a fix in the works (they have one of their own cars with the same problem) and say that it hasn't officially been released yet?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had a good chat today with another local dealership and we went through there system looking for any update for my car to which there were none. I showed them all the info we've correlated on here about the furl gauge issue. The only update we found was to do with a incorrect needle sweep.

So it looks like there is no resolution to the incorrect gauge reading. So it'll be back to the dealer for investigation.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Baz, call Vauxhall now in Yeading Middlesex, I had my update done there, ask to speak to the service manager. I told them I was aware of the well publicised issue with incorrect fuel reading when filled to max and he agreed it was noted and a fix was available.

·
Registered
107 Posts
cornishtaz said:
It looks like there's only an update for needle sweep on petrol cars.

Has anyone with a diesel had the update done?
The needle sweep was related to a couple of hundred cars that came out of the factory with faulty software.

The Software fix for the fuel gauge is "Astra K / Instrument Panel/IPC - Fuel gauge shows not full after refill" - its document DACT4096 on "GM Find Answers"

Although the document doesn't state much other than apply the IPC software update via TIS2WEB

1 - 20 of 42 Posts