Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dears,
in your Astra K (petrol version) is present under engine bonnet a panel for thermal insulation and for discolouration protection ?
In my 1.0 isn't in place, but I'm sure that I seen it in others Astra present in dealer shop!

(something like this)
Wood Automotive tire Hardwood Tints and shades Tread

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
That really is a good question! :) Another added value is to provide engine soundproofing.
There are some versions who present this kind of detail but I don't know which ones.
Here is a photo showing it:

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
And I am sure that it can be retrofitted also.
Hey Cornishtaz...

So, it sounds like for the original MY 2016 this was fitted for the 1.4T 150PS MT6, 1.6 Diesel 136PS, 1.6T 200PS & 1.6 160PS engines but not with any less powerful engines.

For MY2016.5 (1 Jan 2016 onwards) it's only on 1.6T 200PS & 1.6 160PS engines.

Sounds like a cost saving to me - like the removal of the Watts link rear suspension. It's a bit sneaky though, if they offered extra features for the initial models that get reviewed then removed them.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
In the picture above you can see the soundproofing and the silver part is a heat shield for the turbo, so I'd assume only turbo models would have that part. Underneath I've only got a partial undercover nothing covering the sump or exhaust.

Still don't know what the acoustic pack is

·
Registered
798 Posts
cornishtaz said:
In the picture above you can see the soundproofing and the silver part is a heat shield for the turbo, so I'd assume only turbo models would have that part. Underneath I've only got a partial undercover nothing covering the sump or exhaust.
Could you please post a photo to compare? Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is bonnet mat/soundproofing the only thing being part of "Acoustick pack" or are there other items that are part of it?

(If this mat is the only thing then it should be easy to buy it as spare part from car dealer)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts