Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to use it? I can only find Apple carplay settings but when i plug in my Samsung S6 - nothing happens. What gives? Same goes with Sony Z5 and Samsung S7 Edge. None are working with Nav900. Is my car unit broken?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Android auto is not supported by the navi900 yet. Should be coming during 2016.
Only the 4.0 system supports Android from the start. :-(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello Kristis,

as far as I know, Nav900 doesn't support Android Auto yet, but only CarPlay on iPhone. Have read some threads about future support of Android Auto in Nav900, but nothing rock solid. That's the reason why I did order R4.0 instead. I did tested my S4LTE in preview car of my dealer. It was quite easy and straightforward. Did connect phone to USB port, started Android Auto, paired phone with car and clicked on Projection button on car touch screen.

Regards,

OnMi

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really? They ware advertising this too... So it means, that i wont have a android auto support for my expensive nav unit? And it will only come in MY17 cars? Great, sounds like got scammed again... First Watts and sound insulation, then this Android auto... Nice way for Opel cheating it's customers by false advertising :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Vauxhall Astra brochure atleast states that AA is only currently available with the standard R4.0 intellilink system, not an entire con here!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
You will get support on your Nav unit, it will come as software update. I believe it's due in the near future assuming they don't have any issues with it. The UK brochures did say that the Navi 900 supported Apple Car Play with no mention of Android Auto.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is Vauxhall/Opel know to issue software updates for it's cars? Or are they a "public secret" like with BMW/Lexus, about which dealers are not aware until you end up pointing an exact link or USB drive with the new firmware? :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Opel Denmark just informed me that there are no plans to upgrade the navi 900 with android auto.
I truely hope they were misinformed.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Kristis, you probably don't like this - but it seems really likely, that Android Auto isn't coming to Nav 900 Intellilink. I asked GM directly and they answered that they currently have no plans to enable Android Auto support on Nav 900.

GM:s previous info says:

"Phone integration is a smart and simple way to use your smartphone in your car. We are offering Apple CarPlay and Android Auto phone integration across the range, at the most attractive prices on the market," said Opel CEO Dr. Karl-Thomas Neumann.

Opel's R 4.0 IntelliLink infotainment system will be compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto phone integration at the beginning of the 2016 model year, with Android Auto compatibility on Touch R 700 and Navi 900 IntelliLink systems scheduled to arrive in the course of 2016.

I asked GM why they have changed their plans, but I haven't yet recieved an answer.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts