Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've got an Astra K 2017 Hatchback with no center armrest and I want to remove the USB socket to replace it. How can I remove it? Do I need to remove the entire center tunnel?

This is what my tunnel looks like (picture from a car piece):

Tool Bumper Composite material Automotive exterior Auto part

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I dont know for sure, but on the armrest version, you can pop off a plastic trim that is essentially the whole back part of this centre tunnel.

It looks to be the same on this part, from your picture.

If that part can be taken off, you should be able to undo the cables from there, and push the power brick up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Unfortunately yes. I did it on our A-K (with armrest and EPB), but it's more or less the same. You have to remove whole center console to unclip cables from USB module. There is small chance that you would did it without console removal, but it depends on length of cables underneath. But you would have to prepare special tool to unlock module.
Personally I see better to remove whole console. It's not too much difficult. You have to start with gear shifter trim, handbrake trim, remove fusebox cover, remove HVAC panel and front upper part of console. It's on clips only. Finally you have yo remove from bottom side trims and four screws that holds center console on place.
Some details you can see here:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts