Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As is understood from the title, I am searchig for a way to install open door warning lights on my Astra K Sports Tourer because it had no OE lights for open door.
Any ideas, wiring diagrams, etc.?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
I read it as he wants door open warning lights on the door edges in which case you may have to feed from the interior light circuit somehow,but if so it's not something i know the first thing about lol

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I read it as he wants door open warning lights on the door edges in which case you may have to feed from the interior light circuit somehow,but if so it's not something i know the first thing about lol
Aah small lights that illuminate either the road under the door, or the door itself.

Makes a lot more sense :)

I dont know what signals are in the door, but unless this is somehow a feature that is available from the factory, i would imagine that the way to go is, like you say, to take the voltage from the interior light, as it will then be on, whenever the interior light is.

Probably not going to be easy, as routing wires through the door loom is usually not fun at all.

For someone with knowledge it should be possible to do it wirelessly....Take the power from the feed for the electric windows, and make some sort of transmitter / receiver that could signal when the interior light is on.

·
Registered
824 Posts
If that is what you are trying to achieve Kyosev, I've fitted footwell lights to my K in HERE which may well help you in your wiring ? Tbh I'm gonna prolly fit puddle lights to mine sometime in the future (read when I can be arsed - lol) and I think the most awkward part will be getting the wiring into the door itself, as Astraowner states.

Me personally, I would try to source the correct terminals to fit inside the multi-plugs for the door wiring and go from there.

Good luck matey and have fun trying (y)

·
Registered
910 Posts
I knew some clever bugger would know how ;) ,i forgot all about the mods Shaky had done (y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I want some red light at the door edge, that lights up only when the door is open but I don't know where to wire it. Also, a white light may be installed at the bottom edge to show me where I'm stepping in or out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, but I think using the signal from the interior light is not good idea. I would like only the warning light on the open door to light up.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yes, I want some red light at the door edge, that lights up only when the door is open but I don't know where to wire it. Also, a white light may be installed at the bottom edge to show me where I'm stepping in or out.
Well your choices are either to take the wiring from the area I've taken mine from in my footwell lighting mod. Or, as AstraOwner says, make summat bespoke to sit inside the door and use the feed for the electric windows (I like that idea but have ZERO knowledge on how to make the required circuit) I believe you made a couple of ccts like that for your old Zafira AO ?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yes, but I think using the signal from the interior light is not good idea. I would like only the warning light on the open door to light up.
I see now Kyosev. Unfortunately, that is well above my skill level I reckon. I suppose the door courtesy light switch (if there is even one still present ?) might be able to be used but I would be concerned it may well mess about with the CAN signals to the BCM :unsure:

Like I say, prolly well above my pay grade I'm afraid - lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
824 Posts
hi
i retrofit warning light to my astra using audi A4 and A5 including wiring which are connected with door mechanism to work open /shut in.
Nice mod Baich. I don't suppose you took pics while you were doing the mod did you ? Would make a nice tut I reckon (y)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Look at this:
That would be OK as long as you could turn the strobe function off. I'm not 100% certain that it wouldn't dazzle people driving up to the car either as the light doesn't appear to be completely focussed down towards the ground.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice mod Baich. I don't suppose you took pics while you were doing the mod did you ? Would make a nice tut I reckon (y)
Unfortunately have no pictures of wiring instructions but its too easy to know where to put it bz only 2 wire one gnd and other in door mechanism
MAD 35.69 30%de réduction | Faisceau de câbles pour feux de porte de voiture, pour Audi A1 A2 A3 S3 A4 B8 S4 A5 A6 C6 C7 S6 A7 A8 S8 Q3 Q5 Q7 TT RS3
MAD 45.81 37%de réduction | READXT – panneau de lampe d'intérieur de voiture, feux d'avertissement rouges pour A7 A3 S3 A6 A8 A4 S4 a5 b7 Q3 Q5 TT RS3 RS4 RS7 8KD 947 411

·
Registered
910 Posts
I see now Kyosev. Unfortunately, that is well above my skill level I reckon. I suppose the door courtesy light switch (if there is even one still present ?) might be able to be used but I would be concerned it may well mess about with the CAN signals to the BCM :unsure:

Like I say, prolly well above my pay grade I'm afraid - lol.
If you don't fancy tackling it Shaky then i would have zero chance ;)

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Well your choices are either to take the wiring from the area I've taken mine from in my footwell lighting mod. Or, as AstraOwner says, make summat bespoke to sit inside the door and use the feed for the electric windows (I like that idea but have ZERO knowledge on how to make the required circuit) I believe you made a couple of ccts like that for your old Zafira AO ?
Yes, that was folding circuits to make the mirrors do automatic folding, when locking.

This was to avoid having to run additional wires through the door harness, i found a way to use the lock/unlock signal to control the folding and unfolding.

If i were to do this job, with the lights i would take the voltage from the electric windows, and have some sort of wireless transmitter to transmit a signal, closing some contacts on a relay.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Doesn´t anyone have factory fitted puddle lights and door card lights?

I test drove one with these items fitted in 2017. Seems like some more cost cutting was done as my top trim MY17 car does not have any of them left :D If connectors are available under door card then it would be easy fit. Just like my 1999 Vectra had :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts