Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am collecting an Astra 1.6t SRi VX Line Nav on 22nd May after deciding to change my current car.

There does not seem to be very many of this particular model advertised for sale and.one advert referred to this model as rare.

I was wondering if anyone would know how rare these cars are or how many were built.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I wouldn't say they're rare as such but people who own them who are also "in the know" don't want to get rid of them as they seem to be by far the most reliable engine. Getting something new with nearly 200 brake on tap for the sort of money they originally sold for is getting more difficult.

I know I won't be getting rid of mine until it either falls to bits (tempting fate here with VX reliability history - lol) / I can't afford to run it any more or I no longer have need for a car.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
As shaky said not particularly rare and not worth anymore than standard Sri nav , just not as many made as standard car. Bumpers , 18” alloys and side skirts certainly doesn’t make it exclusive but does look nice. They are good solid engines , I sold my 68 plate 1.6t one last august and got top money for it but surprise surprise 2 months later it was still on dealer forecourt . It was immaculate with around 25k on clock (68 plate) FSH but no takers.
Some don’t like the fog light delete and rather Basic front but this shouldnt put anyone off not buying one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies.
The Astra I have purchased was registered in January 2019 on a 68 plate, with 31000 miles. I am not sure of the correct name for the paintwork but it looks like a metallic graphite grey.

·
Registered
878 Posts
The Astra I have purchased was registered in January 2019 on a 68 plate, with 31000 miles. I am not sure of the correct name for the paintwork but it looks like a metallic graphite grey.
Sounds like Cosmic Grey - one of the nicest colours the K came in, the other one being Deep Sky Blue.

As @Shaky and @Pompeydave have said, the 1.6T is certainly a bit rarer than the 1.4T or 1.6D but it seems quite rare as a lot of owners keep them because they don''t seem to go wrong (proven in Cascada, GTC & Insignia) plus 200PS & 300Nm of torque from very low down makes it easy/fast to drive depending on how much of a rush you're in.
Add to that the Acoustic Pack (sound deadening panels) and the Watt's Link for a much more comfortable ride/better handling and the 1.6T is one of the few to have the bits that the engineers wanted to put on but then the bean-counters were let loose with the lower models.

I'm hoping to keep mine until it's about 9 years old (when the warranty runs out!)

·
Registered
2018 Astra 1.6T VX-Line Nav - Sovereign Silver
71 Posts
Probably one of the grey ones I had my eye on recently until I decided on silver instead. Picked it up last Saturday, such a lovely car. As others have said the engine seems to be one of the best in any Astra and I do hope to keep this for a good 4-5 years, maybe longer. I think it's impossible to get anything else with the looks, features, performance, low mileage, decent MPG etc for anywhere close to the same price. Even the equivalent Kia Pro Ceeds seem to be a fair bit more expensive.
There certainly aren't many around when you want that specific model especially in a particular colour, only a handful for sale in the whole country usually. It's not often I see any VX-Line models on the roads, let alone a 1.6T.

Just noticed you're also going from a 1.4T in lava red, exactly what I had! It's definitely a nice step up in performance and no LSPI worries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts