Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, thanks for having me!

Just got a new (to me) astra K. So far it's been great. I wanted to double check how you know if you've got high beam assist. I've tried activating it, but I'm not sure how to tell if it has been activated so I'm not sure if it worked or not and I didn't want to drive at someone with high beams on 馃槀.

I think I know the answer (and that the answer is no) but I wanted to be sure in case I was being stupid. Is it as simple as if you have LEDs or not? Is it something you can install if I don't have it?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this question is stupid or if I've missed a post that already answers my question.

Registered
You mean the IntelliLux LED Matrix Light. Drove my Astra in the dark for the first time this evening and they are excellent. They came on automatically with the blue high beam light on the dash. I thought I had put them on accidently, but the individual LED's in each headlight turn on or off depending on the position of the car Infront to avoid dazzling. Only seem to work where there are no street lights.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean the IntelliLux LED Matrix Light. Drove my Astra in the dark for the first time this evening and they are excellent. They came on automatically with the blue high beam light on the dash. I thought I had put them on accidently, but the individual LED's in each headlight turn on or off depending on the position of the car Infront to avoid dazzling. Only seem to work where there are no street lights.
So it is only intelilux LED cars that have it? That makes sense. Thanks!

Super Moderator
Yes the standard halogen lights are poor on the K, I've upgraded my bulbs to a higher spec than standard halogen bulb, both on dipped and high beams. So that they're road still legal.

Registered
Silly thing is, the high beam function uses the camera for the lane assist, but cars without intellilux lamps, that has the camera can not have this function.

I know the intellilux can do selective turning off of individual zones, but i bet it would be perfectly doable for vauxhall to implement a "simple" high beam, low beam auto feature on those cars as well, but they just chose not to.

Reactions: Shaky and Boroboy
1 - 5 of 5 Posts