Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Placed an order in the beginning of February for a 1.4T 6speed automatic astra sports tourer Elite Nav in power red finally due to pick it up next week when my hand controls are fitted :D been up to check it all at the dealership this week and cannot wait to actually drive it looks absolutely terrific :) had to place an order without seeing a sports tourer or test driving an astra hatch so a bit nervous haha

·
Registered
391 Posts
Welcome aboard ChrisnStace.

Join the club - I ended up ordering my hatch without a test drive as well, after visiting 3 franchised dealers!

Probably won't see mine until mid July.

Let us know what the automatic is like.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff16150

I will certainly let everyone know, I'm quite nervous about getting another Vauxhall after my last experience in 07-09 brand new 07 plate ended up having countless problems 18 times in 2 years it was back to the garage :( hopefully won't have any issues with the new one :) hope you get yours soon Jeff and thanks for the welcome again

·
Registered
106 Posts
Overtaking is fine. There's plenty of power to get past quickly and efficiently. It's a lovely car to drive. It's so easy you feel like you're almost a passenger at times.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi ChrisnStace,

I ordered my tourer in January and my previous car was due to go back Feb 5th but they extended the lease, I eventually got mine last Monday. Strange to order without even being what they actually look like or without knowing what the final spec will be isn't it? :)

They had somehow missed fitting my hand controls but as I have not used them before I took the car anyway and am sat in dealers now waiting for them to be fitted.

The auto is excellent for those wanting to know and you will not be disappointed with this, I have come down from a 2.0 CDTi to the 1.4T and even though this is a physically bigger car it is certainly nippy enough and compares very well. Only once noticed a difference and that was a quick getaway on a very steep hill, I noticed it didn't have the low down grunt of the 2.0 but it was momentary. Unless you drove the 2.0 hard you wouldn't notice and I have only had it once.

Anyone getting the 1.4T auto tourer will not be disappointed with performance.

Enjoy your car ChrisnStace :)

nabs

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks very Nabs I've come from a 1.6 crdi ceed hatch with 113bhp and 4speed gearbox so it's an incredible difference for myself absolutely love it still getting used to all gadgets and gizmos and having alllllll the space is terrific thanks very much for he comment :) Ive never had a test drive in any previous cars of mine but to order without seeing one was quite ermmmmmmmm surprising to say the least lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts