Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After a week or so of reading, I've decided to join, lots of good stuff going on! I ordered my Astra K at the end of Feb, can't wait for delivery!

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Mike

Same as me except the colour. I pick mine up on Monday. It looks a great car and I have heard good things about the auto. First auto I've had in years so looking forward to learning some new driving techniques. Hope your wait is not too long.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great choice ;) . I like the emerald green color, looks smart. I've driven auto for years now, just out of choice. Nice and easy. Got an auto Corsa D 3 door at the moment but family needs mean we need a bigger car, not that I'm complaining haha.

Awesome, not long to go then! Hope all goes well and enjoy!

·
Registered
280 Posts
The Northumbrian said:
Thanks I'm looking forward to seeing it. Coincidentally we are also swapping a Corsa for it. Ours is a manual 1.4.
I always find it interesting to hear what people are changing from!

If it gives you any idea of how good this car is, I swapped from an Insignia Sport Tourer 2.0 CDTI 160. Other than losing the massive boot, the Astra as way better to drive, quicker and much more economical.

You guys coming from Corsa's are going to really enjoy it!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm coming from a 2013 astra J 1.4 energy in white, only 5hp more but a much better spec so should feel very different

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Proph said:
I'm coming from a 2013 astra J 1.4 energy in white, only 5hp more but a much better spec so should feel very different
I had a 2015 Astra J 1.4 Energy as a courtesy car when mine went in for some work. The difference was unbelievable. It felt a lot slower, and nowhere near as nice to drive. The interior layout in the K is so much better as well. I was toying with the idea of an end of line J but having driven both I'm so glad I went for the new model.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Astra J to a 1l turbo will be an interesting comparison. We also have a 1.7cdti Mokka AWD which is the car I use for work as I do long distances often in the north Pennines and in winter. I am expecting the Astra to be a lot more fun to drive.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi all, I've had mine for 4 weeks now. I've come from a BMW 116d efficient dynamics to the 110 S/S diesel Techline.
Other than the BMW being rear wheel drive, and the stereo having better quality sound, I prefer the Astra in every other way, which is not quite what I expected!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Wow - that is not what I would have expected either, with you coming from a BMW.

@Proph - It'll be interesting to hear what you think coming from the J 1.4. From everything I've read, you should be quite pleased with the 1.4 Astra K.

I am hoping that I opted for the right engine in the 1.4 Turbo - I am coming from a 2.0 CDTi GTC.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My corsa is a 1.4 too, a leisurely 13+ secs to 60.

I've driven my Dad's Astra J 1.7 CDTi SRi on long journeys and enjoyed it but the K definitely feels a step above.

I was tempted by an end of line J too but likewise, happy I've gone for the new one!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Funnily enough I came from a bmw 318i coupe to the astra j for work reasons. The j in a 1.4 engine was sluggish unless you throttled it as I often did between lessons and left quite a few bigger cars at the lights, the interior is nice compared to the previous model but not anywhere as nice as the J, and with the spec the J is offering it is a massive difference so I'm excited to collect it.

I'm used to 1.8+ engines so the 1.4 was a huge but necessary sacrifice for work so I didn't expect to ever agree to a 1.0 but having driven it I was pleasantly surprised but the acceleration compared to the 1.4

·
Registered
463 Posts
In white I think it looks stunning, I'm getting a lot of compliments from other motorists and head turners on the road.
The rear I think looks a bit like the new Toyota auris which seems to be the current style with the 3D rear cluster lights.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bet. It seems to be a popular colour and I think it really shows off the black detailing of the roof etc. Can't wait to get mine! Looks like it will be around mid April now rather than the end of this month :(

·
Registered
280 Posts
Proph said:
In white I think it looks stunning, I'm getting a lot of compliments from other motorists and head turners on the road.
The rear I think looks a bit like the new Toyota auris which seems to be the current style with the 3D rear cluster lights.
They all turn heads. Whenever I see one coming in the opposite direction there is always an exchange of knowing nods with the other driver :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MarcR said:
Proph said:
They all turn heads. Whenever I see one coming in the opposite direction there is always an exchange of knowing nods with the other driver :D
Haha brilliant

·
Registered
360 Posts
MarcR said:
Proph said:
Whenever I see one coming in the opposite direction there is always an exchange of knowing nods with the other driver :D
You see others coming in the opposite direction? I've been looking for months and apart from at dealers, I've only seen one Astra K and that's the one parked in my drive!

·
Registered
856 Posts
UKtekkie said:
MarcR said:
Proph said:
Whenever I see one coming in the opposite direction there is always an exchange of knowing nods with the other driver :D
You see others coming in the opposite direction? I've been looking for months and apart from at dealers, I've only seen one Astra K and that's the one parked in my drive!
Hi

The only time I have seen another one was in Nottingham.

Cheers

Paul

1 - 20 of 34 Posts