Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say hello as I have been reading a lot on the forum before deciding to make my purchase. I ordered a black Elite Nav last week and I am really excited to get it especially as I am going from a Toyota Aygo. Thank you everyone for all the information it is most appreciated and definitely contributed towards making my decision.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only added keyless entry but I might try and add the parking assist pack. I know it isn't really needed but I do love a gadget. I liked the idea of the Intellilux head lights but I couldn't warrant the expense. They said it should be here around July. It feels like torture having to wait so long.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you want to add the parking assist pack, do it sooner rather than later - there comes a point in the production process where you can no longer modify the spec.

Also, do take the estimated delivery date with a pinch of salt - they can come forward and also slip further. Your dealer should be able to provide you with an update if you check with them.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Andrewhs said:
I only added keyless entry but I might try and add the parking assist pack. I know it isn't really needed but I do love a gadget. I liked the idea of the Intellilux head lights but I couldn't warrant the expense. They said it should be here around July. It feels like torture having to wait so long.
Hi

One thing I would say is you can't see the front of the bonnet when driving so I find the sensors very useful especially in multi-storey car parks with very narrow up and down ramps. The rear camera is also very good when reversing into spaces.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
360 Posts
I definitely wanted the parking sensors and the small extra cost for the Parking Pack with reversing camera made it a no-brainer. The reversing camera is excellent and works really well. It's very wide angle so makes things look much further away than they really are but once you learn to use the 1m grid lines it's fine. It even overlays hazards detected by the parking sensors as graphical icons in the camera view, in the appropriate place.

The parking sensors make different sounds front and rear and the sound plays from the appropriate speaker which is really helpful.

I haven't had my Astra for a week so I've only used the automated parking twice - once for perpendicular and once for parallel parking. The latter worked exceptionally well in a very tight space and I was very impressed. It obviously helps if you position the car well to start with and you do still need to watch out for potential dangers and follow the forward/reverse instructions precisely, but I'm sure with a little practice I'll learn to trust it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
UKtekkie said:
The parking sensors make different sounds front and rear and the sound plays from the appropriate speaker which is really helpful.
Can I check that I understood you right. The parking sensors will have the sound coming from say front left speaker if that is where the hazard is? Then if you reverse, the sound could be coming from the back right? Or do you mean that the sound only comes from the front speakers when moving forward and only the back when reversing?

·
Registered
360 Posts
The parking sensors will have the sound coming from say front left speaker if that is where the hazard is?
Yes, that's right. The sound plays from front left, front right, rear left or rear right speaker depending on the location of the hazard and different tones are played for front and rear obstructions. All sensors are active whether moving forwards/backwards which is useful in tight spaces.

In addition, the graphic info display shows which sensors have detected an obstruction and the large screen reversing view shows icons in the appropriate place for hazards detected by sensors.

I love it and wouldn't be without it. It's way better than an after-market add-on which wouldn't have anything like this level of integration.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Oh wow. That is a big improvement on my current factory installed parking sensors where it only shows that there is an obstruction in the front or rear and roughly how close you are. It sounds more like something you'd find on a premium car - the last time I saw something like that was on a BMW. This is a big improvement on what I have got!

·
Registered
360 Posts
The reversing camera shows hazard symbols where the parking sensors have detected an object. It could be a bit more prominent but it works well.

Here it shows the approximate position of the car bumper quite well. Note the camera is very wide angle and everything appears a long way away so take note of the 1m distance lines.

View attachment 74

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Here's an example of the parking sensor display in the colour information screen. Note the lines indicate which sensors are active and the distance. A high pitched beeping from the front left or right speakers indicates something in front while a low beeping from the rear speakers indicates something behind. A continuous tone indicates 30cm or less.

View attachment 74

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks for posting those pics and sharing the info on the parking pack. It's nice to find out more about it!!! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts