Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have been following this forum for a few months and now decided to join you as I am close to picking up my new Astra, on the 1st March.

I have owned a few Vauxhalls in the past, two models of the Zafira (new on a 52 & 56plate) and the model J Astra SRI which came with a 2.0L 165 bhp diesel engine. When I purchased the later, again new I have to admit I was disappointed Vauxhall had omitted the sports button and low profile tyres amongst other things. However I was impressed with the diesel engine after the problem I suffered with Vauxhall notorious ERG valve problem on 1.9CDTI engine that powered my Zafira.

Bringing you up to date I ordered my Model K Astra on 31st Dec 2015 timed to earn the £500 fuel card, it arrived very early at my local dealership (27th Jan 2016) where it remains waiting to receive its 2016 plate on the 1st March.

The first decision when purchasing this car was on the colour, in my view the Model K Power Red is a lot vibrant than the previous Astra model red so I decided to go with that and save the money to purchase some optional extras which are:

SRI with Nav
18" Bi Colour Alloys
Sunroof
Privacy Windows
Keyless Start which includes Electric Brake
Parking Sensors
AGR Driver Seat
Smartphone holder & Power Bar; last but not least I spent £90 for a spare wheel instead of the puncture kit.

So far the only option and equipment I would have liked to have seen available is the active suspension, underseat storage, the concealed armrest which includes storage space & two cup holders built into the back seat (from the previous model Astra) and the sunglass holder above the driver side door which was in my 56plate Zafira.

Disappointed on the news that Auto Android is not available for the 900 Navi infotainment system, any new on this functionality yet?

My biggest surprise, was seeing my Astra SRI Nav 200bhp comes with twin s/s exhaust pipes, totally missed that in the brochures.

My last contribution on this maiden post is, has anyone on this forum driven the 200bhp Astra SRI yet ? I test drove the Astra SRI 1.4 136BHP and found it to be quick and remarkably light compared to my previous Model J Astra SRI diesel.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Reach out said:
My last contribution on this maiden post is, has anyone on this forum driven the 200bhp Astra SRI yet ? I test drove the Astra SRI 1.4 136BHP and found it to be quick and remarkably light compared to my previous Model J Astra SRI diesel.
Hi

I've been driving the 200bhp Astra for the last month. Very quick and very nice to drive.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
360 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

That is very quick delivery - I ordered on the same day as you but I'm not expecting delivery until 18 March (brought forward from the original 24 March date).

Pity you've got to wait, but not long now...

I really liked the red as it looked a lot brighter than many of the other colours. Vauxhall have done some really good blues and cyan colours in the past but they seem to offer a lot of darker shades now. Some argue that red is safer as its more visible too.

Did you get much of a discount?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UKtekkie said:
Welcome to the forum.

That is very quick delivery - I ordered on the same day as you but I'm not expecting delivery until 18 March (brought forward from the original 24 March date).

Pity you've got to wait, but not long now...

I really liked the red as it looked a lot brighter than many of the other colours. Vauxhall have done some really good blues and cyan colours in the past but they seem to offer a lot of darker shades now. Some argue that red is safer as its more visible too.

Did you get much of a discount?
I did get discounts off the RRP, Vauxhall Partners Discount, a web voucher worth £250, £500 fuel card which I will receive 30 days after registering the Astra and I negotiated free car mats and metal pedals to conclude the deal there and then. It doesn't seem too bad based on what I read on this forum, however it is £2000 down on my 2013 Astra purchase price, at the time Vauxhall was giving away a £2000 manufacturer deposit to boost their sales.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paulch said:
Reach out said:
Hi

I've been driving the 200bhp Astra for the last month. Very quick and very nice to drive.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

Could I enquire to how much is the road tax for a year for your Astra 200bhp, when I placed my order it was quoted at £130 / year based on an emission of 139co2/KM, this has now changed to between 141-146co2/km depending upon the source which takes me into the next VEDS band of £145...?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hi

I'm not sure as I was also quoted £130 and the total price didn't change when I signed the finance paperwork. It's possible the dealer waived the extra £10. I guess I'll find out next January.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi.Iv just joined this Forum in the last week I was hoping to take delivery of my Astra K 1.6 t 200bhp Yesterday but never got it because iv asked the dealer to fit a Towbar and it can't be done until the 25th so I'll take delivery on the 26th .I phoned my insurance to have it insured and was shocked that it's only an extra £33 on top of my yearly Premium .I thought it would be a good bit more because of the power increase .Also having mud guards fitted .Im really looking forward to having a car with more power .i watched a video of this engine in a Vauxhall Zafira Tourer and it was very impressive Thanks to all who read

·
Registered
856 Posts
Lock-N said:
Hi.Iv just joined this Forum in the last week I was hoping to take delivery of my Astra K 1.6 t 200bhp Yesterday but never got it because iv asked the dealer to fit a Towbar and it can't be done until the 25th so I'll take delivery on the 26th .I phoned my insurance to have it insured and was shocked that it's only an extra £33 on top of my yearly Premium .I thought it would be a good bit more because of the power increase .Also having mud guards fitted .Im really looking forward to having a car with more power .i watched a video of this engine in a Vauxhall Zafira Tourer and it was very impressive Thanks to all who read
Hi

Is this the towbar in the options for the k as I asked my dealer and I was told it had to be factory fitted as I would also have liked the bike rack. This wasn't available when I ordered mine back in August.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lock-N said:
Hi.Iv just joined this Forum in the last week I was hoping to take delivery of my Astra K 1.6 t 200bhp Yesterday but never got it because iv asked the dealer to fit a Towbar and it can't be done until the 25th so I'll take delivery on the 26th
Hi,

I note you are taking delivery of your Astra on the 26 Feb, no concerns it going to be on a 2015 plate, why not wait for the 1st March for a 2016 plate ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts