Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anyone else finding their heaters take an age to heat up ? ( 136 diesel )

also i have the dual climate and the volume of air being pushed towards the feet is very poor to compared to all cars ive had including the kadjur loan car i just gave back - even when car is up to temps and heaters on hot with fan on strong just to feet theres hardly any warm air flow towards the feet ,, centre vents and screen recieve the normal type volume of hot air you would expect when you select those areas but in mine to see if the heaters are even set to feet i almost need to reach down a hand to find the pitiful breeze of warm air that comes out centrally - just annoying as i usually have heaters set to toast feet and a window open when i drive

also does anyone else find the centre vents emit a whistling noise if not selected as a source of heat ? ,, cant turn my fan up to 3 lights without a noise that sounds like the kettle is starting to boil

just to see if anyone else finds these heater issues in case its normal or can be fixed

thanks - skool

ps - thank god for the heated seats on cold mornings and the warmed steering wheel we can all huddle around :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I find my heater really good heat starts com8ng out after a couple of minutes.

I've always noticed that all the Vauxhalls I've owned the foot blower side has never been very good on the lower speed settings.

I've not noticed any whining from centre vents but I rarely have it above speed 3

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gotch ok thanks for that input

im presuming its a water cooled turbo as if i head uphill and straight on a bypass the heaters are a bit slow to warm but if i head down the hill and into town which is all flat and usually slow traffic i can make the ten minute trip to town and the heaters are barely luke warm - was just wondering if mine had a stat issue tbh

hearing foot blowers are roughly the norm for a vx is ok as i was also wondering if the control flaps were functioning correctly but if the norm ill have tomput up with it , just odd the volume of hot air from dash or screen setting is what you would expect from a modern car but the feet setting is very weak

thanks again for your input - last vx i had was a cavalier v6 diplomat many years ago so im not too up on the later cars characteristics

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.