Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

As the facelift Astra K 2020 now come with an option to have a heated front windscreen, does anyone here own Astra K with this feature? I have a few questions to ask.

Thanks
James

·
Registered
289 Posts
I´m planning to retrofit is as soon as original windscreen gets cracked.
Really miss the feature as previous Corsa E had it and it´s fantastic!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
880PEL said:
I´m planning to retrofit is as soon as original windscreen gets cracked.
Really miss the feature as previous Corsa E had it and it´s fantastic!
I am planning to retrofit it as well, got all wiring diagrams and bits ready.

One thing I am trying to find is a fusebox as it is separate one to main fuse box for heated windscreen, couldn't find it on the EPC. Have you looked it up?

Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
I´ll go for custom set-up. Controller will be built from scratch. Only decent power source needed.
But I´ll be really waiting until windscreen gets damage and insurance gets me a new one :)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
James37518 said:
I am planning to retrofit it as well, got all wiring diagrams and bits ready.

One thing I am trying to find is a fusebox as it is separate one to main fuse box for heated windscreen, couldn't find it on the EPC. Have you looked it up?

Thanks
Yes strange that,
i've had a dig through my stuff and there's a wiring diag,pinouts for the X54f windscreen relay/fuse box but no sign of the box in EPC.

Reactions: Hector Hound

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I´ll go for custom set-up. Controller will be built from scratch. Only decent power source needed.
But I´ll be really waiting until windscreen gets damage and insurance gets me a new one :)
I do like to keep it OEM as much as possible ;) It doesn't need a lot of work as well. Big factor is a cost of windscreen, no wondering many people used insurance ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes strange that,
i've had a dig through my stuff and there's a wiring diag,pinouts for the X54f windscreen relay/fuse box but no sign of the box in EPC.
Indeed, I am still looking at the servicebox and there's none.

·
Registered
2019 Reg
93 Posts
I had a go in a newer facelift Astra, the standard Vx-line SRI didn't even have a sports button never mind a heated windscreen [heated windscreen optional extra]. 1.2 turbo engine had to be worked hard, lacking so much stuff I have on my elite as well. 23k for that, no thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a go in a newer facelift Astra, the standard Vx-line SRI didn't even have a sports button never mind a heated windscreen [heated windscreen optional extra]. 1.2 turbo engine had to be worked hard, lacking so much stuff I have on my elite as well. 23k for that, no thanks!

Sport mode button is not longer available on 1.2 Turbo, we’ve requested VCI for one and came back and said that there’s no calibration available for it.
The specs on facelift are rather weird but two new features I like are heated windscreen & Navi Pro with Bose sound system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A quick update…

I’ve obtained the fuses & relays box specifically for the heated windscreen and the correct HVAC control.

Audio equipment Material property Electronic device Font Electronic instrument

Camera accessory Security Cameras & optics Bag Wood

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
So the heated front windscreen is a seperate button that needs to be manually activated ?

Honestly, the easy fix would be to just wire a relay into the feed for the rear heated windscreen.

If the front windscreen needs heating, the rear one probably does as well, and the rear one comes on and turns off, automatically, which is a plus :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts