Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I was imagining that I read somewhere about some models having a Heads Up Display (HUD) - you know the ones that project an image on the inside of the windscreen in front of the driver.

Has anyone else heard about this? Does anybody have one?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah OK. So it is just a colour alert and the HUD does not display any real time information like speed etc?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is standard on the SRI I believe and on other models that have the additional IntelliLux lighting option (as that comes with the forward camera system).

I think this shows it in action

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is this still the case, no HUD apart from the collision alert?

·
Registered
32 Posts
My K does have such a hud. Been happening to me a couple of times, red crosses, sort of, flashing on the windscreen. One cannot miss it, so I guess it fullfill its purpose. It do seems erratic, though. I have tried to force it on by going close to cars etc, but haven't succeded yet. Neither do I think I have been that close/fast to other cars, when the flashing have ocurred. Cool nevertheless!

I have an 1.4T 125hp, hatchback, MY17.5, registered in Sweden. Mid-level-package, "Enjoy" its called here.

·
Registered
798 Posts
ionfresko said:
My K does have such a hud. Been happening to me a couple of times, red crosses, sort of, flashing on the windscreen. One cannot miss it, so I guess it fullfill its purpose. It do seems erratic, though. I have tried to force it on by going close to cars etc, but haven't succeded yet. Neither do I think I have been that close/fast to other cars, when the flashing have ocurred. Cool nevertheless!

I have an 1.4T 125hp, hatchback, MY17.5, registered in Sweden. Mid-level-package, "Enjoy" its called here.
And, do you think those red leds are an HUD? :roll:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Apart from the collision warning (I have the driver assist pack), my K doesn't have a HUD. However, as many may know, you can buy a HUD adapter for your smartphone.

eg,
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dolity-Display-Bracket-Non-slip-Navigation-Black/dp/B075QB2D8J/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1508761055&sr=8-6&keywords=HUD+adapter+for+smartphone and

Personally, I think TomTom is superior to most other mapping or navigation (including that available in the Nav version of the K) and, although I have a dedicated device, it's sometimes handy to have the facility on your 'phone (only a small annual fee and cheaper than buying a GO5000, which I have). Sadly, as far as I'm aware, Android Auto doesn't yet allow synergy with TomTom (only Daze, which I'm not impressed with), so I could, in theory, project TomTom mapping and navigation on to my windscreen from my 'phone using the HUD adapter. They're not expensive and I may just give it a go.

What's the point, you may ask? :? :? Dunno really, just like gadgets, I suppose! ;) ;)

·
Registered
720 Posts
I see the new Insignia ships with a HUD - not certain what it shows - nor whether I would like one.

It may migrate the Astra range in time.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I regret having extra paid for those stupid stuff, like that red alert colission alert and lane assist. Never came in hand. Colission alert really needs you if you are a lame driver. Lane assist keeps you going from one side to another, left and right, it could go forever....

·
Registered
140 Posts
drcl said:
I regret having extra paid for those stupid stuff, like that red alert colission alert and lane assist. Never came in hand. Colission alert really needs you if you are a lame driver. Lane assist keeps you going from one side to another, left and right, it could go forever....
I mostly put it off. Had once that a truck came on my driving lane last minute without indicators because there was an obstacle (3 lanes in every direction) and i turned to the left out of the lane and the lane assist forced me back in it towards the truck. A more brutal change in direction however forces the lane change. The other occasions it seemed to work quite well.

·
Registered
798 Posts
drcl said:
Yeah, right.... (not) :p https://www.astrakforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3421

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.