Vauxhall Astra CDTi Sri Nav 2018
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I fitted these today absolutely awesome LEDs
Sadly, I dont think I'm able to fit LEDs, would be illegal/fail MOT

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Yeah I went in naive and buggered it. Can't get clip back in at all now, chuffing hell.
Stick with it you'll get there eventually, I'm sure. Lesson learnt, I bet you don't do it with the other side.
I found them a bit tricky the first time I changed mine, too. Once you've got it, they're easy enough. Changing the drl bulbs on an Astra J were far worse, due to access issues.

·
Registered
2018 White 1.6t Elite
17 Posts
Yeah I went in naive and buggered it. Can't get clip back in at all now, chuffing hell.
The clips are a pain. I found it easier to pull the clips open from the bottom whilst leaving the top clipped in. Just get the clip over the bulb and picnh the bottoms of the clips back in... Worked for me after ages of trying and failing!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Stick with it you'll get there eventually, I'm sure. Lesson learnt, I bet you don't do it with the other side.
I found them a bit tricky the first time I changed mine, too. Once you've got it, they're easy enough. Changing the drl bulbs on an Astra J were far worse, due to access issues.
I gave up on it in the end... Might just return these bulbs and go down to Halfords , buy a set of them and then let them fit it. It's really between struggling for hours or get overpriced for a few bulbs...

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
There is a knack to them, o
I gave up on it in the end... Might just return these bulbs and go down to Halfords , buy a set of them and then let them fit it. It's really between struggling for hours or get overpriced for a few bulbs...
They're is a knack to them, once you've done one, it gets easier. Maybe try in the light when you next get chance.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
There is a knack to them, o

They're is a knack to them, once you've done one, it gets easier. Maybe try in the light when you next get chance.
Ended up buying and having these fitted

Ill send a photo in soon but they're pretty yellow and disappointing still sadly 🙃

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I think the only way you'll get white is to use LEDs unfortunately. But hopefully those will be better at night the the standard halogens
I saw the ones @mikejtownsend posted and they looked super white but they were too bright for what I needed

Hoping these are whiter at night... Pretty let down to be honest so far sadly

41 - 60 of 71 Posts