Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Headlight LED Conversion

Here it`s the full tutorial how to convert halogen headlights in to LEDs. (not intellilux).
Unfortunately it`s in romanian, but if you translate page it works pretty well.
I didn`t have time to make one in english, because last 3 months I was very very busy. Maybe in next two weeks I will find time to do this as well.

For UK, the codes for headlights it might be different because the tutorial it`s for left driving wheel.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Astra CDTi Sri Nav 2018
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Illegal,
you're just going round in circles,
that's the second time you've posted the same video on the thread,
question already answered see post 7,the UK mot requirements are quite clear, maybe take the time to read them.
ffs yeah thats me... wake up lol. Has anyone got any pics of any of the white headlights (halogens) that aren't already in any post? I am trying to find a nice white pair of Halogens that aren't too bright but compliment the daytime running lights at night a lot better than the yellow factory standard halogens.

Call me picky but with the black version of the Astra K, a nice white pair I think would look brilliant. However, I am not too sure on these. They look good on paper but 200% brighter? Even on dipped am I gonna blind someone at night if I just head to shop, or on way home on the motorway at night lol.

I leave my Astra on auto headlights all the time so I'd just assume car keeps them on dipped always. Can anyone recommend a good white pair of halogens they have that are suitable for city/motorway driving that look good and won't blind poor Steve in his Kia Rio at 7PM on a winters night?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Call me picky but with the black version of the Astra K, a nice white pair I think would look brilliant. However, I am not too sure on these. They look good on paper but 200% brighter? Even on dipped am I gonna blind someone at night if I just head to shop, or on way home on the motorway at night lol.
I'm seriously thinking about buying a set to try in the next week or two

I leave my Astra on auto headlights all the time so I'd just assume car keeps them on dipped always. Can anyone recommend a good white pair of halogens they have that are suitable for city/motorway driving that look good and won't blind poor Steve in his Kia Rio at 7PM on a winters night?
Auto setting turns the dipped beam on depending on ambient light,it doesn't turn on the main beam at all,
i would take 200% brighter with a large pinch of salt,there should be a noticeable improvement and the pics i've seen look whiter but don't expect led type illumination,if the dipped beam is too high you can always adjust it down via the switch level control or on the headlight itself.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm seriously thinking about buying a set to try in the next week or two

Auto setting turns the dipped beam on depending on ambient light,it doesn't turn on the main beam at all,
i would take 200% brighter with a large pinch of salt,there should be a noticeable improvement and the pics i've seen look whiter but don't expect led type illumination,if the dipped beam is too high you can always adjust it down via the switch level control or on the headlight itself.
Do you know what colour temperature the default halogens just off hand pal @Valer ?

I suppose I could base it off that. All I think is how much I hate people with bright as fuck headlights on the motorway in the winter :ROFLMAO:

If you get a pair, be sure to send us some pics. To be fair I'd also seen these but sound very similar to Halfords own

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Do you know what colour temperature the default halogens just off hand pal @Valer ?

I suppose I could base it off that. All I think is how much I hate people with bright as fuck headlights on the motorway in the winter :ROFLMAO:

If you get a pair, be sure to send us some pics. To be fair I'd also seen these but sound very similar to Halfords own

There is also these. A bit more expensive but good brand.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I don't think i've seen it specified anywhere and the original Osram bulbs aren't marked
but around 3000k would be my expectation

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I don't think i've seen it specified anywhere and the original Osram bulbs aren't marked
but around 3000k would be my expectation
Also is it worth changing fog lights? Think I'd probably keep them the same , barely ever used.

Let me know which ones you end up going with!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Taylor, I did a tut on how to mod the existing lightswitch to turn off the auto lights HERE .

I would take 200% brighter with a large pinch of salt,there should be a noticeable improvement and the pics i've seen look whiter but don't expect led type illumination,if the dipped beam is too high you can always adjust it down via the switch level control or on the headlight itself.
Agree with Valer that regardless of how much "extra" they're advertising, they won't be causing a problem blinding others unless they're completely out of adjustment.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
:ROFLMAO:
Taylor, I did a tut on how to mod the existing lightswitch to turn off the auto lights HERE .

Agree with Valer that regardless of how much "extra" they're advertising, they won't be causing a problem blinding others unless they're completely out of adjustment.
To be fair mate , they are quite effective the auto lights. Did someone say there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the headlights within the car itself sorry?

All I want is some brilliant looking white halogens that aren't gonna blind others as I don't do much back end roads and countryside driving at all

I'm all city and motorway driving

Last thing I was is to blind someone whilst getting a Mcflurry!!

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
:ROFLMAO:
To be fair mate , they are quite effective the auto lights. Did someone say there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the headlights within the car itself sorry?

All I want is some brilliant looking white halogens that aren't gonna blind others as I don't do much back end roads and countryside driving at all

I'm all city and motorway driving

Last thing I was is to blind someone whilst getting a Mcflurry!!
Up to 200% brighter than a candle won't blind anyone. Up to means very little. Just probably means a bit brighter, but they certainly look whiter, bonus.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Up to 200% brighter than a candle won't blind anyone. Up to means very little. Just probably means a bit brighter, but they certainly look whiter, bonus.
I'm kinda at a crossroads now. I keep finding really top rated H7 H77 "xenon" white halogens from all top brands and now I can't decide :LOL:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I think so. Won't be as bright as the up to 200% brighter ones. I doubt the replacement 200% bulbs would dazzle much, anyway, as they're halogen, too.
Quick update:

So I ended up buying some quite high rated ones from Amazon. Not as bright but 4000K. I'll hopefully fit them tonight and post some pictures.

Dead cheap as well , cost me £12 for this box.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Gadget

21 - 40 of 71 Posts